Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

Well, just being realistic here...

2 day early access is now, literally, a 1 day early access for european people, our day is pretty much ended (10:15pm here) and regular people (not me, though^^) will go to bed soon. So, I have every understanding for anyone who is actually complaining about it, they have every right to do so.

On the other hand, of course...for us people who play MMOs the last like...15 years, its not a surprise of course. Dumb cliches á la "don't play on patch day" are concepts we are used to. No company running an MMO was ever able to just provide patches without messing everything up 90% of the time.

I still don't understand why it has to be this way, and I am pretty sure that this is one of the big issues with the whole genre and why its declining. Other games/genres are doin just fine with that *shrug*

Anyway, I will probably be waiting and play half the night through, despite having to work tomorrow. Always been like that, won't change...I am too old to change I guess^^

Please guys, get the game back running and compensate for all the people who feel bad in any way now. Even those who are just here to rage and flame about it: They are "here", literally, they care, they are the people who keep your game running, "our" game running, and I'd want to keep it that way. So please, make them, and all of us, a little bit happy, alright?

Thx^^

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

No eta Huh after taking all day to download your stupid Patch....My Guild had a meeting today so I guess you'll give the money we need to finish out stronghold and give us our Flagship Right???

Your lack of getting things right the 1st time I find Disturbing

YOU are the reason so many developers and staff commit suicide...

Do us a favor.

Shut up.

Actually i didnt critize developers because i really fully understand there allways can be issues. I critize their management for setting patchtimes US only friendly. The way it is now, its allways that us players get to play in the evening and european players dont. thats honestly not the fault of developers, its managements fault

DO the words "test server" mean anything to you guys? Kinda funny bio/ea/lucas cant get a patch out in under 10 hours?

Let me explain a "test" server is a server where you test new content and patches BEFORE they go live so that you dont annoy your customers making them wait for a service that is marketed as on demand.

Just saying might save everyone some headaches especially the coders.

The problem is very simple, we do not hate Bioware. They made promises and they cannot deliver.

1. Early access to subs - NOT really an option anymore, since we cannot play

2. This kind of issues has to be tested in the closed environment and NOT tested on LIVE servers.

3. EU time is blocked for the entire day, NOBODY on EU can play this game, we have lost a day paid for nothing.

4. I have not seen any compensations for these mistakes, made by BioWare and not by us. Players pay a service which needs to be available.

There are more points which I can point but I think this is enough for the moment.

At this point I would suggest all who share similar concerns contact Disney. They have a feedback section where you can post your concerns regarding the game and BioWare.

I believe that to be the best solution since BioWare is damaging their Brand and they may not be aware of it.

You are funny. Compensation? what $0.50 or so? Who determines what it is? if you let players decide we all would be getting free mounts, cartel coins, tokens and a month sub time and more. What if you were one of the people that actually worked during the day and wasn't even playing anyways? Do they get compensated for working during the day? How does it get managed? Ever think of the ramifications? Paying out a small amount of money even in credits to a HUGE player base does not make sense from a business model. Only if it was something truly broken and affected the playing experience more than having people wait. Yes we have to wait. Read the agreements you signed when you agreed to play this game. Yes we are paying for the game but that doesn't give us carte blanche to demand anything we want.

Once they open the door for compensation it is impossible to close and sets the bar. Anytime a problem happens the greedy players will start whining "I want compensation because you gave it last time".. and for what? It will be something trivial most likely. Forums will get all crazy again with people demanding credits and such because the precedent was set. Lets not go down this path.

What about the f2p (free to play) people that can't even log onto the game and play without the non-patch content? Or the subs who are not eligible for the new content till later this week? Is the free to play people to get compensated as well? See my point? We are all in the same boat but you don't see free to play people whining on the forums about this.

Yes we have to wait. Deal with it.

Omg Are you really that stupid???? That's like saying people without cable, watching at a friends house, have the right to get mad when cable goes out and want to be compensated. NOT...... When a person buys a product they expect it to work. When it doesn't they get there money back. People who don't pay, don't have rights. People who do have them, or at least are supposed to have them. You might be different. I don't know. Are you???

Kids these days are so cute, god help them if they were around during the days of star wars galaxies, the servers went down daily and might not be back up for a week or 2 after patches.

what did we get for our trouble?

nothing, not even a response from SOE, their customer service was non-existent, it was just a daily task of checking the forums and seeing if you could log in.

I was around for the SWG days damn those patch times took forever, i was named Ivve Raghy on Eu-Farstar

No eta Huh after taking all day to download your stupid Patch....My Guild had a meeting today so I guess you'll give the money we need to finish out stronghold and give us our Flagship Right???

Your lack of getting things right the 1st time I find Disturbing

Who gives a crap about your precious little guild meeting. everyone is broke. ****. Youre not gonna get anything. Your complaining isnt making it fixed any faster. You mean nothing. Go play in traffic.

Hi,

this is not for the first time - and something tells me not for the last time - something like this is happening. May I suggest you would automatically extend to all SUBS the subscription period as I have basically lost ONE evening - that is equal to one day for me?

+ you should add 5 additional extra days as compensation for an inconvenience :-)

Cheers!

Z.

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Bioware, go and listen to Fix You by Coldplay, its very appropriate I think for this situation...

goes to show you guys get away with delays all the time how about rewarding us for this delay on the fact its your fault we still have to pay even on days we don't play ill take some cartel coins as payment maybe a free month

A free month for one day of no play? You are that guy that calls in when his cell phone looses reception for an hour and demands a full month of credit on your bill aren't you?

Should they maybe offer those of us who sub something for the delay? Yeah maybe, but a whole month? that is completely ridiculous

Wow, the level of butthurt is real lol. Everyone chill out, things happen. This is hardly a big deal, they are doing their jobs best they can, your job isnt to sit and complain lol. It will be fixed when its fixed, im sure yall can find another time sink while you sit at your computer on a weekday.