The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I spoke too soon. As we were bringing the servers up we spotted another potential issue and are bringing the servers back into maintenance mode to look into it.

I will let you know more details as I have them.

-eric

If you cant reliably deliver updates (there was a similar issue back in november) then please set another time for those patches. You America guys allways forget about the rest of the world. In europe its primetime and it really sucks you punch us allways in the face and only care about making patchtimes us friendly.

Its becoming ridiculous, on patchday europeans allways lose a day woth of gaming. ALLWAYS.

I, for one, am looking forward to the FREE!!! Manaan Stronghold with five ... no, SIX!!! ... rooms already unlocked. That certainly makes waiting worth the effort.

*puts on her coveralls and gives "The IT Guy" a hydrospanner*

That would be sweet! Now that I think about it, all that water would make me want to pee all the time...

Holy shT what a bunch of sour whiney little girls. If you had any idea what its actually like to implement stuff like this into a datacenter you have no idea how problematic it can all be, stop whining and get out of the fking basement you peons

go to your community library or starbucks or something... thats why I do...

even though it reset. your influence will stay as it was. i just went through the same thing then checked the list and he was still at 10

Edited by Xkcorruption
typos

Dont forget the expansions
True but this delay will probably make players play something else in the meantime. We should be compensated with something it doesnt have to be major maybe something like a awesome home decoration or something. Idc what happens as long as I can play today.

Taking the day off work is still your doing and not Bioware's. Knucklehead.

Indeed, knucklehead, but Bioware bares responsibility for failure to deliver on schedule, maybe you don't understand this concept....when you promise a time/date and the other party makes preparations and you fail to meet that date, it's not the responsibility of the other party, it's on you.

Edited by Markark

I, for one, am looking forward to the FREE!!! Manaan Stronghold with five ... no, SIX!!! ... rooms already unlocked. That certainly makes waiting worth the effort.

*puts on her coveralls and gives "The IT Guy" a hydrospanner*

And fully decorated :D

Hey folks,

I spoke too soon. As we were bringing the servers up we spotted another potential issue and are bringing the servers back into maintenance mode to look into it.

I will let you know more details as I have them.

-eric

Looks like Firebrand set off some anarchy in software Q&A

Hey folks,

I just spoke with the team to get an update and the team is actively testing a possible fix. Right now the plan is to check back in an hour and I am hoping to have more information at that time.

Thanks!

-eric

Start using the pts again. It's there for a reason

Holy shT what a bunch of sour whiney little girls. If you had any idea what its actually like to implement stuff like this into a datacenter you have no idea how problematic it can all be, stop whining and get out of the fking basement you peons

this.

hey folks,

i just spoke with the team to get an update and the team is actively testing a possible fix. Right now the plan is to check back in an hour and i am hoping to have more information at that time.

Thanks!

-eric

oh so now they test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey folks,

I just spoke with the team to get an update and the team is actively testing a possible fix. Right now the plan is to check back in an hour and I am hoping to have more information at that time.

Thanks!

-eric

that means we have to wait another hour for more information?

Im a developer too. Sometimes we mess with the update too. - The users calling every second. Oh man, i feel their pain...

I know its sux for the users, but it happens.

Best of luck BioWare.

My 2 cents BioWare: start solving the problem with a huge cup of coffee. Works for me!!!!

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Dashing through the snow,

On a one horse open sleigh............................................

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Cool thanks Eric for the reply. gives me a reason to leave this thread to its own devices. see you all in an hour!

WTB more people to do Eric and Bioware job and defend them from being a HORRIBLE company! You can't even QA your own releases? So your plan is to kill the game...because no ops, no bug fixes....except the ones the break over and over again. Eric, Tait, Dev team....just pathetic. If I did my job the way you all do yours, I would have no job.

This time you better make us happy and fix it, or the Cartel market Boycott begins!!!!!!!! I suggest we all boycott it UNTIL we get our moneys worth!!!

BOYCOTT THE CARTEL MARKET

Actually, this is a perfect question. There was a missed note for 4.1 that came up internally today:

Companions are now sorted based on their Influence amount in the Crew Skill window. Your Companion with the highest influence will be at the top, while the one with the least amount of influence will be at the bottom.

Adding it now.

Thank You

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

I have to ask what you mean by "an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission"?

Do you mean that a mission already in teh game is active or that a mission in DEVELOPMENT has been included in the compiled files which have been pushed from the development shards to the live servers?

If the later, surely it is possible to go back into the executing code module and disable the relevant sections of code by the simple act of rendering the entries inert by commenting them out. Thus there is no call to this mission?

Alternatively, if this is a mission that was in teh game already, then compiling a basic script to run through and modify the relevant entries in the affected mission database files would seem to be in order. If the mission is part of a "chain" which would be broken if deleted, then resetting the mission to the last fixed "transition point", the point where part X of teh chain hands over to part Y, would fix the issue. Yes this would be inconvienant to those affected but then I ask you how many are affected out of your entire playerbase? The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!

Please continue to keep us informed of what is going on as it does help reduce the frustration as "prove" to us the paying customer that you all are in fact actually doing something and not standing around scratching your heads.