Dream List: Wookiees, Droids and Entertainer

klashis

Add Races: Wookiees, Droids, Trandoshan

Add Class: Entertainer, Droid Engineer

Add: Free Flight in space

Fix: PVP Imbalance (*this is every mmo but tor is really bad) add more open world PVP

Allow: Players to Defect to the other side of the war. (Jedi become Sith, Sith become Jedi, Bounty Hunters take jobs from Republic etc)

Add: Planet exploration. Basically make each planet about 50% bigger.

Fix: Crafting, make it more meaningful AKA some of the best gear/mods can only be crafted

A droid race would be cool but many missions would not make sense given how most people treat droids. Wookies would be nice, and unlike trandoshans, they wouldn't have the issue of what does the female model look like.

I can't see how entertainers or droid engineers could be the big heroes for the story, but I can see releasing armors to make your characters look like that. Also I can see stronghold decorations for your character's stronghold to reflect their occupations. A stage like the one in center area of the Promenade would be pretty nice.

Defecting would be an interesting possibility, but would probably require a different defecting story for each class.

Planetary exploration is fun but better when there is something to do in those places. I wish there were more mini games like the seeker droids on planets. Seeker droids could use new GSI rewards by the way. :) Some planets are large enough but you have no particular reason to go back there once you've finished exploring. However, I do like it when you find unexpected conversations among the NPCs in little odd corners.

On crafting I am basically good although I wish I could craft nicer color combinations.

Droids have sorta been added with the Droid armour - I have a few characters that play as a droid. Adding Trandoshan or Wookie characters would be simple since the model is already in the game, obviously, but they'd have to make all new voice tracks for them since they couldn't just steal the voice tracks from other species.

Adding a class would be too much effort for the most part, since you would also have to add their full story and have it voice acted, add a new ship etc. Some people have suggested having a class that you can start at 60 and go straight in KotFE, which I would like (personally like the idea of being an exiled Zakuul Guard or something), but then it would be forced to be gated behind the Level 60 token (I can already imagine the flood of complaints through the forums for that).

Free flight in space - depends what you mean. We already have GSF for a PvP like aspect, and flying freely from planet to planet would be pretty boring and would still require you to give up control to the Navi-comp to make the jump to lightspeed. What happens if you crash, do you lose your ship, etc. Expand on the idea for what you want here.

The PvP imbalance is one that is constantly argued on the forums - you can't balance between PvP AND PvE at the same time without a massive rework, and I'm sure Bioware don't have the funding (or inclination) to do that anymore.

Defection is another idea that is nice, but you would only be able to switch at the start and just play the class mirrors story, otherwise we are back to the problem of having to add more storylines and voice acting. I'm sure it would make a nice story, but the work involved would be far too much considering it probably wouldn't bring any extra money in. I had some ideas around this before the game came out - Bounty Hunters able to take jobs from the Republic, or Smugglers delivering to Imperial, but that would just be for 1 or 2 missions, a full defection would be too much.

I'd like to see more planetary exploration, and I hope that with the new storyline we will have to return to earlier planets and see areas of it that we haven't seen before. It seems such a shame for some of the planets, the amount of artwork and coding that was done for them, then people ended up rushing through them just to level up.

As for crafting, it already has some of the best Mods. You can RE the pieces and craft them for yourself or sale on the GTN - just look at the amount of people offering Hilts and Barrels for sale/trade. The materials are comparatively rare, and you still have to run OPs to acquire them (unless you pay the ridiculous prices on the GTN), but they are craftable.

Add Races: Wookiees, Droids, Trandoshan

If I remember correctly, they said they wouldn't add any non-basic speaking species. (Don't start with the Huntmaster - he shouldn't be able to speak basic). Droids - Droid Jedi/Sith? Smugglers/Agents? Troopers/BH's? How would you even fit them into the stories?

Add Class: Entertainer, Droid Engineer

Probably won't happen since those are, basically, non-combatant roles. Jedi entertainer dances for the emperor and stabs him in the chest during a lap dance? :eek:

Add: Free Flight in space

Asked for in beta, many times. Asked for since launch, many more times. SSSP turned out to be GSF. They can't be bothered to fix it, what makes you think they'll add a whole new space experience?

Fix: PVP Imbalance (*this is every mmo but tor is really bad) add more open world PVP

Will NEVER happen. Their hammer doesn't work that way.

Allow: Players to Defect to the other side of the war. (Jedi become Sith, Sith become Jedi, Bounty Hunters take jobs from Republic etc)

No. Won't happen. Many reasons. Won't go into it. Will give a hint, though: Companions.

Add: Planet exploration. Basically make each planet about 50% bigger.

There's already achievements for planetary exploration.

Fix: Crafting, make it more meaningful AKA some of the best gear/mods can only be crafted

Already is. Other than raid drops.

Thanks to the people who actually had input about my quick list of suggestions. To the others who just came in here to say "NO not gonna happen, stupid list" I hope you get stabbed in the back by your best friend.

I was merely suggesting quick things without going into detail because i was short on time, i planned on explaining it today but a few of you already made valid points thanks.

A few things about droid class: yes i have noticed a few players playing as Droids from the armor packs, but it would be cool to actually become a HK Droid or a Medical Droid. I have an idea how that works.

It could be a class that you unlock at 55 but basically you can roll a new character and droid will be there for selection. You will be able to make your droid look how you want based on several armors from the armor pack.

From 55-60 you will gain all your skills. 3 different roles a Tank/DMG/Healer.

The type of droid parts you can use (parts is the same thing as armor here) depends on if you are DPS/Heals/Tank. The armors can be changed if you decide to respec into another role, but you can never be let's say a Healer Droid wearing Tank Droid gear. It cannot be used for The outfits tab either, unless you are the right spec.

Yes what I'm proposing is spec locked gear which I know wouldn't be very popular at first but it gives people a real reason to commit to a spec instead of wanting to bunny hop from spec to spec.

I did not have any special Ideas about Wookiees or Trandoshan but I think the only obstacle there is the voice over thing.

The Entertainer Class would be a class that works much like a bard. Basically a class that can give GODLY buffs. For Instance.. being able to boost Mastery by 80 for 10 minutes. Those types of things. The trick to it, would be similar to SWG where you kinda need to find a entertainer in a cantina to get the BEST buffs.

Entertainer Class would be broken into 2 Specs

Dancer/Musician

Both of these can buff different things and neither could do ALL buffs so that way it makes both spec have equal value. I think this class should start from level 1 because it would be neat to experience how one becomes a Galactic Superstar. THAT IS THE STORY.

Your toon is a struggling artist, playing cantinas trying to get a break, the story will be filled with action, combat and romance as you work your way up to being a Galactic Superstar.

Another point about Entertainer is certain cantinas provide better durations or certain types of buffs.. or maybe it could be based on how many "Shows" you have successfully completed.

SHOWS:

Entertainers have something called "Shows" where they actually HAVE to buff a certain amount of people to get XP towards their spec of choice. It's the only class that works like this, but they also have the ability to use blaster pistols..( can't be unprotected) your level will rise the more "Shows" you complete but for it to count as a show it has to happen in a cantina. If you dont buff in the cantina then you do not get the xp gain. You can still buff but you dont get xp for buffs unless in a cantina. Also Buffs that happen in a cantina are stronger than ones that happen in a FP or OPS or anywhere else. Other than that you still get XP like all other classes.

Due to their nature Entertainers wear Light Armor but have a high survivability and have spells that could negate all damage for short periods of time.

I dont have this all the way figured out im not a developer but these are just idea i wanted to throw out there.. I know there is a lot more involved with mechanics and such

Edited by klashis

SWTOR is not SWG and it never will be. Deal with it.

WOW you couldn't wait to say that.. you planned that all year huh? It's so original!

I wasn't trying to make it like SWG.. actually I can google it if you want, but last time I checked adding more stars wars stuff to a stars wars game isn't going to make it less star wars..

I love TOR I am simply trying to enhance it. Its time for the game to grow, there is nothing wrong with pulling from past Star Wars games, Single Player or MMO to get ideas.

I actually hated that SWG game, this is just a suggestion, as I think it would make TOR even more enjoyable than it is

If you dont like it then guess what. :rak_03:.

Edited by klashis

Thanks to the people who actually had input about my quick list of suggestions. To the others who just came in here to say "NO not gonna happen, stupid list" I hope you get stabbed in the back by your best friend.

There's no reason for you to respond in such a rude and immature way. If you can't deal with other people giving their opinion then don't post any suggestions on the forums.

There's no reason for you to respond in such a rude and immature way. If you can't deal with other people giving their opinion then don't post any suggestions on the forums.

So other people can give me their rude opinion but i'm supposed to respond with a "Good Day Sire! Thank You!"

Please.

So other people can give me their rude opinion but i'm supposed to respond with a "Good Day Sire! Thank You!"

Please.

If someone gives negative comments on your ideas, you don't have to take it personally. There's nothing wrong with taking the high road.

If you searched the topics before starting this thread you might have seen many logical explanations why things you suggested will never happen.

Edited by JediRelentless

From your list I support the Defections and Planet Exploration ideas, the Defections could be made possible after the Eternal Empire is defeated (eventually) and the Republic and Empire return to their respective places in the Galaxy, the Outlander, after so much interaction with Imperials and Republic alike could change sides if he feels so in the history epilogue. With Planet Exploration they could expand the Stronghold system by making "expansion zones" on the existing planeTs, outside the traditional history zones, in these zones players and guilds could build their strongholds: buildings, houses, towns, bases, everything depending on the planet they are working in and without instancing. As for the new species, I would Like Chagrian, Rodian and Kel Dor added. Edited by Arubboth
tippos

If someone gives negative comments on your ideas, you don't have to take it personally. There's nothing wrong with taking the high road.

If you searched the topics before starting this thread you might have seen many logical explanations why things you suggested will never happen.

Never? You know this because you work at bioware right?

From your list I support the Defections and Planet Exploration ideas, the Defections could be made possible after the Eternal Empire is defeated (eventually) and the Republic and Empire return to their respective places in the Galaxy, the Outlander, after so much interaction with Imperials and Republic alike could change sides if he feels so in the history epilogue. With Planet Exploration they could expand the Stronghold system by making "expansion zones" on the existing planeTs, outside the traditional history zones, in these zones players and guilds could build their strongholds: buildings, houses, towns, bases, everything depending on the planet they are working in and without instancing. As for the new species, I would Like Chagrian, Rodian and Kel Dor added.

Actually makes a lot of sense! Would be awesome if they gave the choice after the EE is defeated.. tbh this makes a lot of sense, I hope bioware is doing this anyway