Please Put HK-55 in Mail

mrcheap

Ok I already have Niko who is amazing and I can get at level 1. Then at level 10 I can add Treek, Akk Dog, Probe Droid etc as well. But why oh why will HK-55 be limited to people that have finished Chapter IX? By the time you have done that you already have around 22 companions and one more means nothing. However for a fresh new character playing through with HK-55 would be awesome.

I think it would be much, much, much better to have the choice to get him from the start like Nico or at level 10 like many of the other special promotion companions.

I want to roll a new Powertech and have HK-55 with me the whole way, come on BW this is an easy change and there is the code in place and time to do it and earn some goodwill from the community.

Ok I already have Niko who is amazing and I can get at level 1. Then at level 10 I can add Treek, Akk Dog, Probe Droid etc as well. But why oh why will HK-55 be limited to people that have finished Chapter IX? By the time you have done that you already have around 22 companions and one more means nothing. However for a fresh new character playing through with HK-55 would be awesome.

I think it would be much, much, much better to have the choice to get him from the start like Nico or at level 10 like many of the other special promotion companions.

I want to roll a new Powertech and have HK-55 with me the whole way, come on BW this is an easy change and there is the code in place and time to do it and earn some goodwill from the community.

So, you want to get a character from level 1 that probably doesn't exist in that time period?

Ooook

So, you want to get a character from level 1 that probably doesn't exist in that time period?

Ooook

How's it any different than unlocking hk-51 or treek through the legacy system? You made it to the fleet: here's a nice assassin droid for you or a mutant midget teddy bear if you prefer. Level1, level 10 no freakin difference...

Edited by Noyjitat

You have that option, it's called HK-51 unlock via CC on your Legacy tab.

Since Bioware didn't bother to respect the 'choices matter' with regard to HK-55 as a character / companion in KotFE, and only later decided to dangle HK-55 as a subscriber reward to prop up subs, I feel they should allow any character on a qualified account to access HK-55 just like Nico regardless of how lore / timeline breaking it may appear.

I also feel anyone who qualified for the promotion and gets upset about not being able to access HK-55 on non KotFE characters should gripe, complain and make a general nuisance of themselves on the forums and through the ticket system until Bioware capitulates.

And just so its clear, I agree having HK-55 on some random level 1 (or 10) seems ridiculous - but no more than the ridiculousness of how HK-55 was treated within the story and then 'resurrected' to sell subs instead of being left in the content with actual player choices driving his story.

Edited by DawnAskham

Since Bioware didn't bother to respect the 'choices matter' with regard to HK-55 as a character / companion in KotFE, and only later decided to dangle HK-55 as a subscriber reward to prop up subs, I feel they should allow any character on a qualified account to access HK-55 just like Nico regardless of how lore / timeline breaking it may appear.

I also feel anyone who qualified for the promotion and gets upset about not being able to access HK-55 on non KotFE characters should gripe, complain and make a general nuisance of themselves on the forums and through the ticket system until Bioware capitulates.

And just so its clear, I agree having HK-55 on some random level 1 (or 10) seems ridiculous - but no more than the ridiculousness of how HK-55 was treated within the story and then 'resurrected' to sell subs instead of being left in the content with actual player choices driving his story.

I don't think this was an arbitrary decision. I think we'll get Darth Marr back too. There's a reason why both are still in the Contacts window even after their 'deaths'. And the text for HK-55 says something like supposedly beyond repair.

They've based their entire marketing campaign for sub rewards for the KOTFE cycle around HK-55, so pretty sure bringing him back was always the plan, they didn't just get drunk one night and throw darts at the board to plan their marketing campaign.

His 'death' in the story *does* provide a plausible explanation as to why he's no longer around for folks who didn't qualify for the reward.

Edited by DayneDrak

It is a subscriber reward, period. Not for playing chapters 1-10. But for subscribing. Yes, make a cool alert quest. Better not be a galaxy wide scavenger hunt like for that other droid though. But if they gave us Nico via mail, give us HK-55 the same way. I don't see any reason not to.

How's it any different than unlocking hk-51 or treek through the legacy system? You made it to the fleet: here's a nice assassin droid for you or a mutant midget teddy bear if you prefer. Level1, level 10 no freakin difference...

I think the difference is , during the main story you are not introduced to Treek or HK 51 in the way you are first introduced to HK-55 in KOTFE. Meeting a "new" companion who isn't new would be a story conflict.

I think the difference is , during the main story you are not introduced to Treek or HK 51 in the way you are first introduced to HK-55 in KOTFE. Meeting a "new" companion who isn't new would be a story conflict.

I don't think it's any more of a conflict than getting Nico early or reclaiming companions through the terminal. Nothing wrong with letting players have the choice.

The value (usefulness) of the reward is diminished when it's delayed until you've completed that chapter.

If HK-55 were made available in the same manner as Nicco, then each eligible player would have the option of experiencing the companion the way they choose. If you want to wait for HK-55 or Nicco to be released via the story, then wait. If you want to enjoy leveling a new character with a new companion from level 1, then that doesn't really impact any other player and should be the player's choice.

By the time I'm level 65 and am doing KotFE content I already have a companion with a high influence. On non-crafting alt characters you just don't need many companions with high influence, which means HK-55 will often go unused.

The purpose of subscriber rewards are to add value to the subscription. If I'm being given a reward that is irrelevant when I receive it, then it doesn't feel like much of a reward.

Questionable decisions by the devs in that past doesn't justify them continuing to offer options that conflict with the story. Where does it stop?

Are you suggesting that the entire story MUST unfold in the exact same order for everyone?

What if I choose to do SoR before Makeb? What if I do my class quest completely before the planetary story arcs, or vice versa? Am I not causing the story to unfold differently?

Who's to say that my character didn't meet Nicco in some cantina on some planet before my class story ever began. That doesn't negate his story later.

How does my character having Nicco or HK-55 at level 1 impact YOUR story? It doesn't. If you don't want your experience altered, don't claim the email item, and let it unfold the way that you prefer it to. But you're wanting to place restrictions on others based upon your personal preferences.

Edited by Tessie

Where is the proof of that? It is five years. Where is the evidence that HK-55 is less than five years old?

No reason to even want the companion unless you have done the story

And yet for no reason I do want him. I like him. While 47 is my favourite for a light side character 55 is the best match.

You have that option, it's called HK-51 unlock via CC on your Legacy tab.

HK-51 is not HK-55. If it was the same why even have both? If you think they are identical then good for you but I don't. Also there is the little matter of a million credits per.

Meeting a "new" companion who isn't new would be a story conflict.

True but what about Nico? What about the terminal for getting old comps back? What about when Lana greets you like an old friend but you have never met her before because you never did Revan? If you want to take it further how about how they took the level requirement out of flashpoints so the story gets totally spoiled for you while you are still not even up to Chapter One?

Final point. If you don't like it don't do it but I fail to see how having options in this situation are bad.

Bioware has already ensured a story conflict exists due to the way they have handled HK-55s 'return', where his 'return' is now predicated on whether a player was a subscriber, not the choices they make within the story.

So no, having him available to any character at any time would not do any real harm, at least no more so than Bioware has already done by subverting HK-55s story for marketing use.

Questionable decisions by the devs in that past doesn't justify them continuing to offer options that conflict with the story. Where does it stop?

It stops when Bioware stops - they are the ones who have bastardized the story to sell subscriptions.

The issue IS NOT how allowing HK-55 on any character who qualified including those characters that have not started KotFE impacts story, but rather the fact that the 'decision' on whether a major character 'lives or dies' in a story driven 'choices matter' expansion is now predicated on a player's subscription status and not their choices within the story.

Edited by DawnAskham

What? It takes at least an hour to get to level 10. That's a loooooong time.

20 minutes the other day. I did skip dialogue since it is my 3rd inq character, but still. And I got your sarcasm, lets just get sarcasm correct. :D

20 minutes. I never actually timed it (or tried to speed-run it). I was just pulling a number out of the air. But if I put on the XP booster I get from KotFE, after I have finished unlocking all the titles my characters get, it's nearly level 2 before it ever leaves the mailbox.

The issue IS NOT how allowing HK-55 on any character who qualified including those characters that have not started KotFE impacts story, but rather the fact that the 'decision' on whether a major character 'lives or dies' in a story driven 'choices matter' expansion is now predicated on a player's subscription status and not their choices within the story.

+1 to this.

No the matter of fast levelling I could make L21 and finish my starter planet, do some crafting and a few fast side missions all in an hour while 12x XP was on. I often lost a lot of time trying to get the 10 social points for that social quest, bad move.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.