Monthly discount for collection unlocks

frennky

Please introduce collection unlocks discount each month. It doesn't have to last whole month, but it should be something different each time. You can rotate through different categories like crystals, weapons, emotes or even rotate pack shipments.

Current prices are high enough to make me think do I really need some unlock. And it gets hard deciding what to spend the coins on. I won't spend 400 coins on 1 gold item, but if there was lets say 50% discount I just might spend 600 on 3 items.

Please introduce collection unlocks discount each month. It doesn't have to last whole month, but it should be something different each time. You can rotate through different categories like crystals, weapons, emotes or even rotate pack shipments.

Current prices are high enough to make me think do I really need some unlock. And it gets hard deciding what to spend the coins on. I won't spend 400 coins on 1 gold item, but if there was lets say 50% discount I just might spend 600 on 3 items.

"Give me MORE for LESS, BW. "

Seriously?

You DO realize that a collections unlock allows you to produce UNLIMITED items from that unlock, don't you?

You are not paying 400 CC's (or whatever price) for ONE item. You are paying 400 CC's (or whatever price) to be able to produce an unlimited number of that item.

That said, you do not have to unlock everything for the sake of unlocking it. If you think the cost is too high, don't unlock it.

I've seen some posters on these forums stating that some items can be purchased on the GTN in multiples for cheaper than the unlock cost.

You DO realize that a collections unlock allows you to produce UNLIMITED items from that unlock, don't you

Yes I do, but what's your point? Cost for BW for making 1 or unlimited items is the same. These are not physical goods.

That said, you do not have to unlock everything for the sake of unlocking it. If you think the cost is too high, don't unlock it.

People like to combine items from diff sets, so they purchase multiple sets to make 1 outfit. Also, how does not unlocking it benefit BW? We're talking spending lots of coins vs not spending at all.

I've seen some posters on these forums stating that some items can be purchased on the GTN in multiples for cheaper than the unlock cost.

Really? Like what? Some bronze trash items nobody wants? Most gold armor sets go from 10m to 30m, buying few of those definitely isn't 'cheaper' then 400 coins and it doesn't take into account that people play on more then one server. That's where collections really pay off, when you unlock an item you have it for every server. Since the unlock is account wide, you don't have to server transfer the item.

"Give me MORE for LESS, BW. "

Seriously?

Exactly. Why is that foreign for you? In the end, every customer wants more value for it's money. But speaking only in context of this game, you can go ask the progression raiders why they unsubbed.

Yes I do, but what's your point? Cost for BW for making 1 or unlimited items is the same. These are not physical goods.

People like to combine items from diff sets, so they purchase multiple sets to make 1 outfit. Also, how does not unlocking it benefit BW? We're talking spending lots of coins vs not spending at all.

Really? Like what? Some bronze trash items nobody wants? Most gold armor sets go from 10m to 30m, buying few of those definitely isn't 'cheaper' then 400 coins and it doesn't take into account that people play on more then one server. That's where collections really pay off, when you unlock an item you have it for every server. Since the unlock is account wide, you don't have to server transfer the item.

Exactly. Why is that foreign for you? In the end, every customer wants more value for it's money. But speaking only in context of this game, you can go ask the progression raiders why they unsubbed.

If you feel that you "have to unlock everything", then the answer to your "problem" is simple.

Pay the unlock cost.

Alternatively, you can come to the forums and complain that BW is being a "big, bad meanie" and they need to let you unlock everything you want for a pittance.

I never said I have a problem. That's not why I came here. This was a suggestion, an improvement to the game.

Many players complain that there's a lack of content and that there's not much to do in game. With 4.0 BW started to make a lot of existing content relevant again (heroics, old ops etc.). They also listened to players asking for events to occur more often. We had events occur once in 6 months, then few months, then once each month and now they're starting with different event each week.

This monthly collections discount can be yet another event. One week every month, if players are bored with other content they can browse collections, unlock items and spend hours playing with outfit designer. Unlocking collections can be a mini-game for itself with it's own 'progression'.

But you still haven't given any reason why you oppose this? What is it that you see as a negative side of discounts?

Alternatively, you can come to the forums and complain that BW is being a "big, bad meanie" and they need to let you unlock everything you want for a pittance.

IDK, is asking for discounts really that strange? A happy customer might become a returning customer. IMO it's actually good business advice, especially when additional units of your product cost absolutely nothing. When 100 units sold at 500 earn the same revenue as 500 sold at 100, the only difference is the number of satisfied customers. With the right cost-benefit ratio, there is a lot more profit to be made than with premium prices.

So let's try another suggestion:

How about a discount for unlocking items from the current cartel pack? Might not only increase cc-income from unlocks but also spur cartel pack sales, when folks try to get the full set while the unlocks are still on discount.

Edited by Mubrak