Question about spending common data systems

Daniellcarlson

So I been doing all missions and bonus missions and I am at about 950 cdc's and I need to spend them sometime soon. I would like to do comp gifts but I wouldn't be using the companions per say. I been going for the 1000 companion kill achievements as well. I feel like it would be a waste to spend down on a companion I wouldn't always use.

I just finished chapter 1 and I want to play the game in order so skipping to the vendor at 65 in Kotfe wouldn't be happening.

I'm level 57 atm..by the time I am done doing mission to get to the next comp he or she is at like affection 10-12,should I still buy comp gifts, even for comps I don't have yet?

I just want to do the best option

Edited by Daniellcarlson
title should read crystals not systems

The benefits for high companion influence are:

1. improved ability to fill chosen role
  2. improved ability in crew skills (missions and crafting)

that's it.

So, the companion you use the most to play the game should be the one you get the highest influence with...unless you are involved with crafting and crew skills. If the latter is true then from a game mechanics standpoint you will want six companions with as high an influence as you can get.

That being said, there is another consideration...

when you start the latest expansion (Knights of the Fallen Empire; KotFE) you lose all your "class story" companions rather quickly. Depending on what class you play you may get some back in short order, but not all of them. So, investing in high influence with companions you may not see again for some time might not be the best use of crystals and comp gifts.

Companion gifts (there is a vendor selling Tier 5 prototype and artifact - blue and purple - gifts for 5 and 10 common data crystals respectively) are one option, and you can either give them to your companions or put them up on the GTN to make a little extra money.

Decorations from one of the decoration vendor are another option (at 50 and 100 CDCs per decoration, iirc).

The third option kicks in at level 65, so buying comp gifts or decorations to keep you just under the 1000 cap is a good idea. That 3rd option is a set of 208-rated artifact gear, which should be an upgrade over anything you get outside of HM flashpoints or SM/HM/NiM Ops. A full set, minus the mainhand, will be around 1300 CDCs, but that will be a good starting platform for the endgame group content, and if you are at or close to the 1000 CDC cap, you will have a relatively easy time grinding out the remaining 300 or so CDCs required to complete the set.

Another option, slightly sneaky but still perfectly valid, especially if you feel you will not use the decorations or gifts, would be to buy mods from the vendors on the fleet, putting them in your Legacy Cargo Hold, picking them up with another character who has fewer CDCs, and then refunding them with the mod vendors. They are only 2 CDCs each, so you will need to transfer quite a few to make a real dent in your CDC pile, but it is an option for storing your CDCs elsewhere, so that when you hit level 65, you can buy most of the 208 set with the 900-1000 CDCs on your main, then transfer more CDCs from your alt to complete the set.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.