Returning Player, What Happened???

Stromrider

Hi. I'm a returning player, been on a hiatus for about 2 years (still subscribed, you should see my cartel coin count right now) and when I logged in, my companions gear is being "returned to me" and so on - what the devil happened? Is there some place that I can read up on this? Also, lots of stat changes ("Mastery"? What's that?) and so on. Is there a "catchup section" that returning players can go read to find out what has gone on in awhile? I'm completely baffled. My hiatus started right after the strongholds were released so a lot has gone on I guess.

Thanks!

Ok first thing is Mastery - it is now the only primary stat for your characters, it replaced the 4 you were used to Aim, cunning etc.

The gear was returned to you as part of 4.0 as companions had "slots" removed on their character sheet as gear for companions is cosmetic only so any implants etc that companions wore have been sent back to you, also all driod parts have been removed from the game for the same reason and have been sent to you as "valuable droid parts" which can be sold to a vendor for a pretty penny.

On a similar not Bioware because of this change took the opportunity to email back to us all of the companions original gear from when you first met them since many people sold them.

I don't think there is a specific place to go to see these changes though.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Hi. I'm a returning player

Welcome back, as mentioned before Dulfys site is a excellent way to search for information what happens in this game now.

I can also recommend that you check out my sticky in this forum to learn about abbreviations and acronyms used in this game.

Edited by Icestar

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Certainly a lot of changes. Do you think it would be helpful to roll up a new character on this account and play through to pick up the differences?

Thanks again!

I would say that a fair chunk has changed enough for you to re-roll new characters and learn the changes in action, besides which you only need the class and planetary stories to level on-par so it can be quick if you don't want all side quests (if you do you need to open your map and tick show exploratory missions box in the top right corner as they are hidden by default).

Arrrrrgh! They changed affection? I had most of my companions maxed!

Yeah they changed affection, actually a old companion with max affection became rank 10, rank 10 actually is less than 150 rank 1 gifts worth infact 150 rank 1 gifts is somewhere around rank 15 (I admit this conversion rate of old affection did cheese me off a little)

Don't get too upset about affection. Rank 10 or whatever level you had it previously still stands, there's just a higher cap -

But TBH you can chew through story content pretty quickly with a companion with single figure affection scores. -And there are a lot more companion gifts if you want to raise them up a bit, and if you include them in conversations, they level up quite fast too. - And although homogenized, companions can fill either DPS, Heal or tanking roles. - So you're not stuck with someone you're not too keen on - just because they're the only tank or healer or w/e.

Welcome back.

Hi. I'm a returning player, been on a hiatus for about 2 years (still subscribed, you should see my cartel coin count right now) and when I logged in, my companions gear is being "returned to me" and so on - what the devil happened? Is there some place that I can read up on this? Also, lots of stat changes ("Mastery"? What's that?) and so on. Is there a "catchup section" that returning players can go read to find out what has gone on in awhile? I'm completely baffled. My hiatus started right after the strongholds were released so a lot has gone on I guess.

Thanks!

Bud if you been out for 2 years then you might as well wipe out your top guys and start over, We cant even to begin on filling you in on the amount of changes that has happened since then, so yeah my advise is to start a fresh new 1st level character and read the tutorials that pop up...

Yeah I am returning from a three year hiatus myself. I notice the game is very generous in giving XP. Took me a day or two to get back into the swing of things, only thing I am a bit confused about is raiding gear/commendations or data crystals etc. I'll figure it out once I hit those dailys and weekly though I am sure..

Bud if you been out for 2 years then you might as well wipe out your top guys and start over,

Why ? The word "adapt" doesn't exist in your vocabulary ?

Your reply reminds me very much of the "throwaway society" beliefs : Rather than to repair something, it seems easiert to just throw away and then just buy anew.

This is a complete wasting of ressources, if you ask me. Repairiunbg is often cheaper, but who does it nowadays ? And bigger companies have been very successful in completely wiping out small speciality ships in which the owners actually *can* repair things - like small electronics shops, for example.

No wonder that so-called "repair cafés" sem to pop up like mushrooms now.

Rather than deleting anything, I'd rather advice to create new characters and play them. With that knowledge it is easy to adapt the older characters to modern times as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.