Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Thank you for the incoming stack limit increase!

XiamaraSimi

Hey folks,

One of the issues we have seen brought up quite a bit in this thread is storage space. Although we aren't adding new bays at this time, one change to help with storage is that any item which previously stacked to 99, will now stack to 9,999. This change is coming in Game Update 4.1

Thanks!

-eric

My cargo holds/legacy storage especially thank you

(6 crafters, 24 gatherers)

-snoopyhappydance-

Edited by XiamaraSimi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, BW doing something that actually benefits the players?

What crazy alternate universe did we walk in to? :p

Is it April 1st? What happened?

Holy stuff Batman, this is awesome! This is exactly the sort of change we can believe in! :)

You won't find (or shouldn't) anyone who doesn't like this change. Even people who don't care, won't be against it, it is all good for everyone.

More changes like this please!

While I welcome the change, I have concerns about how many bugs will come with it. Bugs that cause wrong quantities after stacking, bugs with stacks >99 on the GTN, some sort of bug that is exploit prone, etc, etc,

So I will NOT be an early adopter of stacking items higher then 99 until I see it run for a week without issues

While I welcome the change, I have concerns about how many bugs will come with it. Bugs that cause wrong quantities after stacking, bugs with stacks >99 on the GTN, some sort of bug that is exploit prone, etc, etc,

So I will NOT be an early adopter of stacking items higher then 99 until I see it run for a week without issues

They will most likely restrict stack sizes to 99 on the GTN, as well as keep 99 as the highest amount you can buy at a time from vendors. Which I have zero issues with, will save on derp drama.

Derp drama = "I accidently bought 9,999 <insertcraftingmathere> and now im broke waaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I just hope it won't impact performance too much. :rak_09:

I don't see how it could. With a stack of 99, you're using at least 7 bits of storage. To store 9999 requires 14 bits of storage, so two stacks at 99 each would consume the same amount of storage, whereas a single stack of 9999 can contain 101 stacks of 99. So by consolidating, you're saving storage space, not to mention cleaning up reference pointers. If anything, it should improve performance on the backend

I don't see how it could. With a stack of 99, you're using at least 7 bits of storage. To store 9999 requires 14 bits of storage, so two stacks at 99 each would consume the same amount of storage, whereas a single stack of 9999 can contain 101 stacks of 99. So by consolidating, you're saving storage space, not to mention cleaning up reference pointers. If anything, it should improve performance on the backend

Please don't jinx how the coding in this game workd... :-D

I am rather excited about this change and hope that they take a look at some of the "ruro's" that can occur on the GTN outside of just storage...it could be that the stack size is only for storage and the stack limit of 99 will be coded to block higher amounts on teh gtn.

Holy stuff Batman, this is awesome! This is exactly the sort of change we can believe in! :)

You won't find (or shouldn't) anyone who doesn't like this change. Even people who don't care, won't be against it, it is all good for everyone.

1. I like this change. Lots. 9,999 lots, in fact. :D

2. Never underestimate the power of negativity.

2a. "Why didn't we get <my goodie> instead?"

2b. "You people are too easy to please. Something this simple and you're falling all over yourselves slobbering, when they still haven't given <me><my goodie>!!!!!11!!!!!eleventy-one!11!!!!!"

3. See #1. 9,999 times. :D

I actually don't like this change because I sell cargo bay unlocks regularly and this is going to impede on my sales.

Also I buy materials from the GTN and now that people can store more they will buy more and it's going to drive the prices I pay up.

I wish Bioware would reconsider this decision.

This is another good point ... let's hope for no exploits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.