Annihilation Marauder Gearing Help

SynarOG

Well I'm level 65 and have only 186 PvE gear from SoR, I understand jack about gearing this is the only MMO I've really played and got into, I'm usually a console player. I've never done any OPs I never have time for it so can someone explain (dum it down😂) on what I need to do for PvE Gearing endgame? Like run me through the steps on what I should do? Where I should go, how to do it, what to do, thanks in advance guys.

Well I'm level 65 and have only 186 PvE gear from SoR, I understand jack about gearing this is the only MMO I've really played and got into, I'm usually a console player. I've never done any OPs I never have time for it so can someone explain (dum it down😂) on what I need to do for PvE Gearing endgame? Like run me through the steps on what I should do? Where I should go, how to do it, what to do, thanks in advance guys.

So the best thing to do is head straight into Story Mode Operations and start to acquire unassembled token drops from bosses. You'll take the tokens to the 'Supplies' area on fleet where you'll find 1 of the 4 vendors selling "Weaponsmasters" gear, this is the gear you need to acquire to gain set bonus attributes specifically for your class. This is the general process of gearing. You'll then repeat this process for the higher tiers to obtain the best gear in the game.

As far as gearing is concerned there are three different levels. 216 is acquired from Story Mode Operations, 220 from Hard Mode, and 224 from Nightmare mode (coming in patch 4.2) and from the weekly selected Hard Mode Operation. The following thread is where you can go to find a mathematical model for min/max'd stat distributions at those three tiers (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112). The following is the stat distribution for an Annihilation Marauder gearing at the 216 level.

Marauder - Annihilation

6350 DPS @ 47.8 APM | 5902 Endurance | 4969 Mastery | 2639 Power

1122 Critical (3xE, 8xA, 2xC) | 821 Alacrity (3xE, 5xA) | 681 Accuracy (4xE, 1xA)

The abbreviations stand for the following...

E = Enhancement ***

A = Augment

C = Crystal

So let me give you an example of how to read this information. Lets, for example purposes, focus only on Critical. What this information tells you is that to achieve a Critical rating of 1122 you need to acquire 3 Enhancements that have Crit (Advanced Adept Enhancement 41 is the best in slot for this, the Crit Enhancement gained from vendor gear is not best in slot but can be used until you obtain this from other means i.e. Operation tokens), 8 Advanced Critical Augment 40 pieces (Can be crafted or bought from the GTN), and 2 Crit Color Crystals (Acquired through GTN, Cartel Market packs, and some enemies in Operations). So, if you acquire all of these pieces and slot them into your gear you'll gain the 1122 rating for Crit you need.

*** Note: You can, and will, replace anything abbreviated with an 'E' with Implants or Earpiece. So for our example you need 3 E's this can be 3 Enhancements that give Crit, Earpiece that gives Crit and 2 Enhancements, Earpiece an Implant and 1 Enhancement, etc. etc. Hopefully you see the point i'm trying to make there. If you look at the above build you'll see there are 10 E's there. You only have 7 Enhancement slots, the other 3 E's come from your 2 Implant slots and 1 Earpiece slot for a total of 10 Slots, we just label them all as E's.

This should be enough information to get you started. I would highly suggest finding an active, helpful guild that can show you the ropes and give your further direction in progressing and gearing in SWTOR. Hope this has been helpful mate, good luck!

I would say the step before starting Ops is to visit the Supplies section of the Imperial fleet. There are vendors there who sell 208-rated gear for each of the classes, for Common Data Crystals. The "bad news" is that you are capped at 1000 CDCs, but a full set of gear, minus a main-hand weapon, will cost around 1300 CDCs.

So my suggestion would be to get as much of a set of 208s as you can, and then run through the weekly Heroic missions (accessible from terminals on the fleet) for each planet, and which will give you a handful of CDCs plus a few locked Alliance Crates (useful for when you are building your KotFE alliance, later), and a nice quantity of credits (definitely welcome, because when you see the repair bills for end-game armor, your bank balance will suddenly feel a bit/a lot smaller).

Once you have 208 gear in all except the mainhand slot, that is the time to start looking at running Ops to begin the grind to upgrade your gear first to 216 rating, then 220 and 224. I would STRONGLY recommend finding a good guild who run through the Ops on a regular basis, because having people around you who have done them before is incredibly useful, especially if you are new to them.

Having a voice communications server is almost mandatory - the fights are very complex and require a massive step up in teamwork and quality of play, so typing instructions just does not cut it.

Also, if you find a good guild, they will generally be willing to help gear you up, by running the specific Hard-mode flashpoints and story-mode operations that will (a) be a slightly more gentle introduction, and (b) give you the optimum chance of getting geared for the levels beyond 208.

Cheers for the help mate, but how do I start OPs? They seem to take forever to actually get into? Is there any way of not doing OPs and still being able to gear??

As the poster above me stated finding a good guild or group of people to play with will be key to fixing that issue. Unfortunately, if you're looking to acquire set bonus gear specific to your class there is no other way of obtaining them except inside Operations.

I would say the step before starting Ops is to visit the Supplies section of the Imperial fleet. There are vendors there who sell 208-rated gear for each of the classes, for Common Data Crystals. The "bad news" is that you are capped at 1000 CDCs, but a full set of gear, minus a main-hand weapon, will cost around 1300 CDCs.

I generally advise players against this with the current version of the game and the systems in place. Reason being I believe it is a huge waste of time and resources working for 208 gear, only however if you intend on doing Operation PvE group play. If you want to gear up on your own and play solo then the 208 gearing method is the best option. The reason i say this is that the Bolster granted in Story Mode Operations is more than sufficient enough (probably to sufficient) to allow undergeared players to perform at a geared requirement. I've done testing with both Sentinel and Marauder classes completely naked with just gear/weapon shells and was able to produce 5K +. Due to this i strongly encourage you to skip the 208 gearing recommendation if you're able to find a guild or group to do Story Mode Operations with on a consistent basis. Other than that everything else the poster above said is spot on in my opinion! :D