SWTOR will crash without reason or windows saying why it crashes. happens at random.

MalevolentFire

SWTOR's been crashing on my system frequently in the last 2 weeks, but well after I updated to Windows 10 so I can only assume it has something to do with the latest patch. I've tried rolling back drivers, reinstalling, ensuring admin rights and firewall exceptions are in place and so on and so forth yet it still crashes, sometimes after 10-20 minutes, sometimes after quite a long time with no real consistency over what I'm doing at the time. Sometimes assets fail to load in just before a crash, but not every time.

No other game has issues, it's only SWTOR having trouble.

Edited by WildFireUltra

• 2 months later...

This has been happening to me to the point that I decided to overhaul everything that I could for the last five days. Graphic drivers, ethernet drivers, New install then a repair scan after install, lowering grass to 0, etc.

And it's still crashing.

And this game is the only one that does.

It started a few months ago and it has just been getting slowly but steadily worse with each update. I've followed all the support and suggestions I could find and nothing seems to work.

As such, I've decided to throw in the towel. After this post, I'm unsubscribing and uninstalling. I don't know how common this is but this is really something that the team needs to solve.

I guess there's nothing left to say but:

Good luck to the rest of you.

Been happening to me randomly since Chapter 14.

Just exits out to Windows.

No BSOD or reason why so no clue as to what could be causing it.

I do play on a potato PC which is being replaced soon so hopefully the problem will go away.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Third crash in TWO hours? Seriously, this is getting old! :mad:

This has been happening to me too, but it is not a total crash. Last night I got kicked to the server selection screen (with a no servers found warning) twice in 30 minutes and 3 times in one hour. Every time I restart SWTOR, of course, the server list is there.

My PC is WAY above required or even suggested spec with the latest drivers.

I7-3770K

16 GB RAM

MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 3G

NVidia driver ver 375.70

Windows 7 with all updates

This is something that has been in issue off and on for a VERY long time, the devs have never said anything about how to fix it, it usually miraculously fixes itself for no apparent reason, then EA breaks it again with another patch.

/Sigh