Mandalorian Troopers?

JianRin

If it's for RP purposes, you could rationalise by saying that your family were survivors of the defeated Mandalorians who opposed Mandalore's support of the Empire and remained loyal to the ideals Mandalore the Resurrector (Canderous Ordo) laid down 300 years before.

Which would effectively make you similar to Death Watch in both TCW and the pre-TCW materials - Rebel faction of Mandalorians defying Mandalore's decrees.

Otherwise, no, just like BrianDavion above said.

If it's for RP purposes, you could rationalise by saying that your family were survivors of the defeated Mandalorians who opposed Mandalore's support of the Empire and remained loyal to the ideals Mandalore the Resurrector (Canderous Ordo) laid down 300 years before.

Which would effectively make you similar to Death Watch in both TCW and the pre-TCW materials - Rebel faction of Mandalorians defying Mandalore's decrees.

Otherwise, no, just like BrianDavion above said.

Oh, no, I''m not playing a mandalorian, I was just wondering because there's heavy mandalorian (prequel-style) influence on the troopers in SWTOR already, and was wondering if that was intentional or was a judgement part because of marketing.

Oh, no, I''m not playing a mandalorian, I was just wondering because there's heavy mandalorian (prequel-style) influence on the troopers in SWTOR already, and was wondering if that was intentional or was a judgement part because of marketing.

the answer is... yes.

marketing wise republic trooper armor was made to look like clone trooper armor, to appeal to people who wanted to play Rex etc. and CLONE TROOPER armor, is based off Jango Fetts armor.

Got to admit, way back when some of the earlier concept art for Trooper armours were appearing after the early alpha screen shots, there were a lot of people asking for less Clone Trooper style armours, especially the helmets.

I think there's all of 4 helmets (pre 4.0 and outside of Comms/Crystal gear) that don't share similarity to Clone Troopers, and only one of them isn't open faced.