Endgame PvE Gearing Question

Ok when you reach 65 you use you common data crystals to buy 208 gear. Then you do SM ops to get glowing data crystals and tokens for 216 gears. Then you do HM ops for radient data crystals and 220 tokens. And 224 gear drops in NiM ops, right?

Is this all correct or am i missing something?

Ok when you reach 65 you use you common data crystals to buy 208 gear. Then you do SM ops to get glowing data crystals and tokens for 216 gears. Then you do HM ops for radient data crystals and 220 tokens. And 224 gear drops in NiM ops, right?

Is this all correct or am i missing something?

Actually, there's a couple of other ways to get crystals: Glowing Crystals can be optained by doing heroics, as well as flashpoints and working on your alliance in KotFE. Radiants are mostly rewards for weeklies (for flashpoint and operations) and the daily groupfinder HM FP and Op.

At first you indeed want to get the basic 208 gear everywhere (only the relics won't be optainable at 208 except if you divert in pvp gear, but that's only pve we're talking about :p)

After that, if you're serious about gearing up, you want to get as little of the 216 and 220 from the vendors as possible, since the tokens that drops from operations are way better. You can still buy them, but try and replace them as soon as possible, since only they don't provide stats that are optimised for harder content.

Hope that helped, if anyone got corrections on the method I gave, feel free to let us know :p

SM operations are bolstered, so it doesn't even really matter. You can even run them at level 50. If you are already level 65 and have a bunch of basic comms (er common data crystals) burning a hole in your pocket, you can get some 208. You can get a 204 pvp mainhand for dirt cheap and use that starting out. You can also get the 204 relics for cheap. Just get your accuracy to 110% with 208 vendor crystal gear and you are good to go for SM ops.

The SM drop 216 gear, but don't confuse this with the 216 vendor Glowing Data Crystal gear. The operations 216 drops have a set bonus and are optimized better. The Crystal gear is pretty terrible - too much endurance, not enough power, no set bonus. I don't even really bother with it, except for just starting out. I just use whatever mix of 208 / pvp gear I have and slowly acquire 216 ops pieces. Once you have a 216 ops set, you won't bother with crystal gear again. The 220 crystal gear is actually worse than the 216 ops.

TLDR:

1. Throw together a starter set using 208 common data crystals and pvp gear (particularly for relics and mainhand). Get 110% accuracy.

2. Run SM operations and slowly acquire 216 operations pieces (set bonus, "MK-1" implants and earpiece, relics, MH, OH - all 14 slots).

3. Once you have a full 216 operations set, then you can run HM. HM will drop 220 with set bonus, and 224 with set bonus if the operation is the "highlighted hard mode of the week."

Edited by teclado

Unless you don't want do anything with your companions, use your common crystals to purchase them gifts.

Equip the 190 gear from the story or better if you find on the way. Run Flashpoints and SM operation to get better gear. Note the crystal purchased gear is lesser quality than token's.

Consider running HM operation once you're properly equiped with 216 and better.

...You can get a 204 pvp mainhand for dirt cheap and use that starting out. ...

Forgot about that, the Star Fortress and fp's usually drops modable 208 mh's and oh's before I get those tho, but in case you're unlucky with those drops yes pvp mh should do just fine in sm ^^

I'd recommend to skip flashpoints and get right into SM operations, there you can get 216 gear. Flashpoints are the worst way to gear up; they require a lot of skill but don't drop that good loot.

Also, don't forget to augment your gear.

If you are unsure which stats you need, check out this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112

Don't bother with gear at all until after SM Ops? While leveling you're constantly overgeared and scaled down anyway. In FP's and SM Ops you get bolstered. So just use what you get while levling and don't bother until you get 216 out of SM ops. Edited by Torvai

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.