Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Not whining, but this is kinda funny...

Slamsonite

What I don't understand is if BW assigned a server to every guild and most of the pre-orders were in one guild or another, why even do waves?

for ex: You have 2000 players already assigned to a server thru guild implementation ... Why not let them all in? It's not like people are going to be running around choosing random servers anyways. Those who didn't get assigned to a server will choose the one with low population anyways ... it's just good sense.

Only one word describes all the people crying that they cant play..."Whiners" Bioware has even been kind enough to start 7 days ahead of launch instead of 5 days..Quit your whining and go eat supper and be with your family, do your homework, or watch some tv...get over it. LOL!

I personaly don´t see the problem. The EA was scheduled for 15. now it is 13. actually meaning everyone is in by 15. Can anyone of those complaining imaging how server queries would look like if they elt everyone in the very same second? And this would technically not be about the servers, but everyone pushing in. Like the tepartment store capable of handling 100000 costumers but the doors are only able to to handle 200 a minute. How long will it take for the 100000 people waiting at the doors to fill the store at once. If everyone is in on 15. I doubt there will be hardly any queries because people already in will join nicely split over the day, making it easy for the new entries to join. The AHs will be filled already and besides beta players there will be people who already figured out stuff. However the critical point about this in user perception is how to determine who gets to play when, since the people who don´t get to play will be pissed anyhow. As far as I´m concerned first come first server is the most neutral way they could pick.

PS: for the haters of the store comparison... imagine a door capable of handling 100000, getting pretty windy in there, isnt it...

Grumzz, check out the image posted in this thread for actual in-game server pops. The one on this website isn't functioning and, as someone else mentioned, I don't think it's worked properly since beta.

Just checked that out, thanks!

I really want to punch many of the people posting in the face right now. If they would just remember a few things, they would realize that they have no reason to be angry.

1. Bioware stated long ago that early access would be staggered with the earliest people getting first access.

2. Bioware also said that early access would start 5 days before launch. We are at 7 right now. Consider yourself lucky.

3. It is far better that Bioware uses this time as a chance to do a final test of the servers than to have them crash during launch.

Seriously though, just stop whining.

I really want to punch many of the people posting in the face right now. If they would just remember a few things, they would realize that they have no reason to be angry.

1. Bioware stated long ago that early access would be staggered with the earliest people getting first access.

2. Bioware also said that early access would start 5 days before launch. We are at 7 right now. Consider yourself lucky.

3. It is far better that Bioware uses this time as a chance to do a final test of the servers than to have them crash during launch.

Seriously though, just stop whining.

This is not beta, this is A LAUNCH. Get it in your thick skull! They're not supposed to stress test, that was what the last BETA WEEKEND was for!

I mean, if you have people ingame complaining about not enough people to do a FOUR MAN flash point, clearly, you're doing something wrong.

Edited by Ergonaut

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.