Common Data Crystals usage

Wallner

Hello!

I'm running close to a 1000 common crystals, and I'm level 63. Thing is, I'm only on Alderaan. You level pretty quick now it seems.

So. Since I don't think I can save the crystals.

What would be a good way to spend my Common Data Crystals, considering I haven't even reached high-level gameplay yet?

Maybe not all the way to 50, but a comp at >30-ish, set to heal, and you'll be an unstoppable force of nature :cool: . In addition they get significant bonuses in crafting; both crits and speed. Please check on the Net for the absolutely best gifts for your Chosen One; if it has to be the ship droid, so be it.

The only problem with a high lvl comp is that they might out-aggro you simply through healing, and get focussed by bosses and stomped.

Do save up your comms when you get to KOTFE, though, the crates you can buy for them saves you a whole lot of heroics when building an alliance, in particular the groundwork associated with the Star Fortresses. You probably should be at about 700 before starting KOTFE, this gives you maneuvering space. Comms rain from above in KOTFE.

B

Edited by Berntk

I guess you could get the 208 gear when you hit 65 it will last well until chapter 9 of kotfe, it will cost a little over 1,000 though to get a complete set (less main hand which they don't sell).

You will easily accrue another 1,000 comms before you get to odessan and gain access to the rank 6 gift vendor.

The only problem with a high lvl comp is that they might out-aggro you simply through healing, and get focussed by bosses and stomped.

Yeah I had this problem in the Mannan solo flashpoint I could not do the mechanics properly on the last boss (drag him over to the flame) as there was no way to steal aggro from my rank 30 Khem in DPS mode.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Yeah I had this problem in the Mannan solo flashpoint I could not do the mechanics properly on the last boss (drag him over to the flame) as there was no way to steal aggro from my rank 30 Khem in DPS mode.

You can always switch your companion into passive mode (first skill on his bar) and he will start follow you while doing nothing. That way you can force him to follow mechanics (get out of red circle move boss and so on) then switch him back to active and he will continue to do his job.

You can always switch your companion into passive mode (first skill on his bar) and he will start follow you while doing nothing. That way you can force him to follow mechanics (get out of red circle move boss and so on) then switch him back to active and he will continue to do his job.

Thanks, I found this out after the flashpoint as I asked on this forum, I actually felt like a right idiot though.

Hello!

I'm running close to a 1000 common crystals, and I'm level 63. Thing is, I'm only on Alderaan. You level pretty quick now it seems.

So. Since I don't think I can save the crystals.

What would be a good way to spend my Common Data Crystals, considering I haven't even reached high-level gameplay yet?

Right now I would use them on Companion gifts work on getting them up but once you get to Odessan buy up the rep crates for the 4 alliance leaders till you get them maxed "Influence 20" then go back to getting companion gifts because you will get a lot more of them "Meaning companions" by the time you get to Odessan ....

Edited by Legolose

Right now I would use them on Companion gifts work on getting them up but once you get to Odessan buy up the rep crates for the 4 alliance leaders till you get them maxed "Influence 20" then go back to getting companion gifts because you will get a lot more of them "Meaning companions" by the time you get to Odessan ....

Gotta disagree. That is a HORRIBLE way to spend them. They cost 50 common crystals each, so you're basically getting one free crate per 10 heroics. There are no perks I'm aware of past level 10 with each alliance group.

You'll get more mileage out of raising affection with one of your companions.

With a high affection companion you can breeze through those heroics. Even if you're still in quest reward 178 gear from Rishii, if you're companion is above 25, they aren't very challenging until Voss.

Don't forget that the fastest/only way to raise influence with K'rohl, Leyta, Choza Rabat and that crowd is by giving them crates. If you prefer doing heroics to get crates, ok.

I'd rather buy crates on Odessen for crystals, and do all the SF groundwork at once, but that's just me.

Choose your "focussed" comp with care though; be darned sure that you will actually get them back at ch IX in the KOTFE chain...

Don't forget that the fastest/only way to raise influence with K'rohl, Leyta, Choza Rabat and that crowd is by giving them crates. If you prefer doing heroics to get crates, ok.

I'd rather buy crates on Odessen for crystals, and do all the SF groundwork at once, but that's just me.

Choose your "focussed" comp with care though; be darned sure that you will actually get them back at ch IX in the KOTFE chain...

Correction - the only way to get to 10 Influence with them is with crates,

once you have handed them 5 crates each and done what is necessary to get them as companions you can give them gifts like any other companion

And I'd rather do the H2+, getting 5 data crystals and a crate, than buy crates, but each to their own

Yup, you're right. I did write fastest/ only way...

I like to get that part of the thing over as fast as possible, and do all in one go, and do heroics for crates and crystals independently, but as you say, to each his own. Gets old hat after the first 3-4 times.

B

Maybe not all the way to 50, but a comp at >30-ish, set to heal, and you'll be an unstoppable force of nature :cool: . In addition they get significant bonuses in crafting; both crits and speed. Please check on the Net for the absolutely best gifts for your Chosen One; if it has to be the ship droid, so be it.

Do save up your comms when you get to KOTFE, though, the crates you can buy for them saves you a whole lot of heroics when building an alliance, in particular the groundwork associated with the Star Fortresses. You probably should be at about 700 before starting KOTFE, this gives you maneuvering space. Comms rain from above in KOTFE.

B

A level 30ish companion will easily cut the crafting time in half when compared to a level 10ish companion.

So a crafting that takes 30 mins to complete on the lower level companion can be done is less than 15 min on the higher level.

I haven't gotten a single companion in the 40 - 50 range yet, but I can only assume the crafting will be crazy fast.

I guess you could get the 208 gear when you hit 65 it will last well until chapter 9 of kotfe, it will cost a little over 1,000 though to get a complete set (less main hand which they don't sell).

Sounds cool , where can one buy that ? :jawa_biggrin::jawa_confused:

How did you get so many in a short amount of time? I'm level 65 and am on Hoth and only accumulated 600 CDC's.

Accepting them as mission rewards instead of the other options, from heroics, Flashpoints, the common versions are just that common, almost anything you do awards some!

Usually by 50 I'm looking to dispose of them

How did you get so many in a short amount of time? I'm level 65 and am on Hoth and only accumulated 600 CDC's.

If you do every single mission you easily get this, I managed to hit the 2,000 comms cap twice while playing the first time I got all 208 gear, then bided my time until I got access to the rank 6 gifts.

Basically what I've done in game since start up to alderaan ending:

- All main story missions + exploration and heroic missions (almost always picking crystal)

- I think about 6 flashpoints

- Maybe 7 space combat mission

- 3 PvP games

pretty much :jawa_tongue: