The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lvl sync is ruining our experience...

MiguelGx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem here is we have two camps.

There are those, like you, that want content to stretch out. Then you have those, like me, that have done it quite a few times and now just want to level alts as quickly as possible. Dragging it out would be an absolute nightmare, we've seen it all several times already.

I much prefer it like it is now. It's one of the reasons I decided to come back. Levelling alts got incredibly boring, now it's tolerable.

I'm not entirely sure I'd put myself in one category or the other. I'd agree that leveling alts is much more tolerable now than before. I enjoy the heroic 2s as my new "dailies" or sorts. However, it doesn't make sense to me that you can be above level 55 before you're even at Voss. There's just no reason to have such a disjointed experience. So I guess you could put me in both camps. A little bit of A and a little bit of B.

I just wanted to post a bit of feedback from a returning players point of view in regards to the level sync.

I got back after like 1,5 years of absence (Was playing a different MMO)

Especially after having a long break, I like starting from the ground up again, I just move over some resources from other chars and get going from scratch, with a small head start bonus.

These are my impressions:

- The experience gained for quests is stupidly high. By the time I left Coruscant (Including skipping a few quests) I was already level 27, Please note that the Nar Shaddaa max level is 25 and I have only just begin to scratch Taris. Due to this I have decided to skip all sidequests except for heroics to upgrade my gear.

- Crafting is officially a joke while leveling right now. Due to the fast pace of leveling gear becomes obsolete way too fast. The only reason I am doing it, is to see if it'll have any uses at higher level (Cybertech, Scavenging, Underworld trading)

- I am face rolling Heroic 2+ with the basic level 10 lightsaber without upgrades and am pretty much immortal with healing companion. Yes, your heard me Immortal. With 5+ gold mobs whacking at me, my health is at a stable 95-100%. You guys are complaining about this at level 65, I'm 29 within 6 hours of playing!

- Due to every dungeon being levelsynced, when you can gather from a dead mob? The resources are rank 8, virtually useless for you at lower level. (Not that it will be an issue for long at this leveling rate)

- Very, very little to no adjustable gear and no need for it. This is something I really liked in the past, mixing and matching adjustable gear and making a nice set out of it. Upgrading it as I go and giving it a nice look.

- Flashpoints at low level are too many, too fast. New players get no chance to learn any form of tactics

- Some flashpoints are EXTREMELY difficult with certain parties especially with only low levels. Lack of skills means lack of DPS, less defensive cooldowns thus more damage taken. Group composed of all highlevels? Faceroll time!

From my point of view, there is a LOT of balancing to be done and I recommend that this gets done as soon as possible. a lot of quests have been made obsolete and useless. Personally I like having a challenge and right now while leveling? I am running through things like a madman with a lightsaber facerolling everything. It used to be so that with some difficulty I could solo a Heroic 2+ with good gear and then not even always. Now? Even if I would see a heroic 4+ I'd probably charge in solo... Not very heroic now is it?

I actually don't want to upgrade my lightsaber right now, because If I do? I'm afraid I will kill golds in a single hit WHILE LEVELING. Where is the fun in that?

Exactly this

SNIP.... and made older content relevant again

Sorry but the down leveling didn't make older content relevant. The rewards did that. The down leveling just made sure it took you longer to complete the new grind. The relevance came from the rewards (and I'll give you a slight nod to story but hell even thats laughable given the grind)

I find the down leveling to a a massive waste. Corrupts the point in leveling up in a game based on leveling up. Might as well give everyone, everything at level one and just have it scale. The game isn't any better but they made sure it takes you a bit longer to grind out the simplest things but also made sure it no more difficult to complete than the difference of 2 hits to 5.

As an optional feature I could stomach it.

As an optional mentoring system to play with low level friends. I could stomach it.

An adjustment to world bosses to make them not soloable. Sure. I could get behind that.

Added to make 4 year old heroics take a bit longer but still mind numbing easy. No thank you.

I'd rather have the old rewards and skip the waste of a grind the alliance is.

Having it on 24/7, every time I step onto a planet makes me cringe.

I find no enjoyment in it.

Edited by Quraswren

Got a full H2 run just for the test of it, got some crates that I returned to get gifts&legacy gear and that's it.

Only did 1 star fortress since it's practically useless when it comes to end-game rewards and takes 5 crates (which i rather exchange for goodies).

Btw, what happens after you destroy all starfortreses on all planets ? Anything special or just another weekly next week ?

The biggest mess I find in companions. We got a billion of totally useless companions instead of having the classes own and the rest with an allies status or something like that.

Class companions had some history behind each class. Now all that is lost and meaningless. And they gave us Leana, the worst idea of SWTOR NPC character ever. Please kill her in storyline and give us a true Sith, not a janitor-looking characterless NPC.

You do know that you can now just do the puple/pink quests to level up....you do know that right?

I mean, i do every single pve quest when i level up a character, i just don't QQ about levelling too fast, i mean, i can get very close to being level 65 just as i enter chapter 2 of the class story, am i complaining? no. It just means, i don't ditch the quests because they are now useless to me, i can finish them all cause its actually worth it.

If you want to level normally, just do the class quests and the planetary story arc quests, both of which are now purple/pink in colour in the game....ignore the rest.

...and specially at the end of chapters that force you to come back to starter planets. The most epic moment of the storylines gets ruined by this laughable difficulty, heck, even the boss fights can't be taken seriously thanks to this magnific idea, kudos to you Bioware.

//signed

Most of the people I asked said, that their personal goal in the game was, to finish every mission, story to get high level (50 to that time), and then return to lower planets and one-hit slaughter enemies. :rolleyes:

Planet syncing as a concept is good, since they could add later content that we can go to even if we are at high level.

Practically it is still not working perfectly. Things are silly easy up to and including Alderaan and then things get harder and harder until you reach your own level when it get easy again (for some unknown reason).

And since we are supposed to do all these heroic 2+ each week it is nice that they at least are not grey for us.

You do know that you can now just do the puple/pink quests to level up....you do know that right?

I mean, i do every single pve quest when i level up a character, i just don't QQ about levelling too fast, i mean, i can get very close to being level 65 just as i enter chapter 2 of the class story, am i complaining? no. It just means, i don't ditch the quests because they are now useless to me, i can finish them all cause its actually worth it.

If you want to level normally, just do the class quests and the planetary story arc quests, both of which are now purple/pink in colour in the game....ignore the rest.

This isn't true. I only do planetary arcs and story quests when leveling now. My sentinel is level 53 on Belsavis. You can be condescending if you'd like but it's just my personal view that no player should be that over the intended level of the planet. The problem is experience points are simply too plentiful.