The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Fan theories] Rey is a reborn Anakin carrying on the prophecy of the Chosen One

Falensawino

Hm. Cool, well-thought theory, but I don't believe it. For me, it's clear that Rey is a Skywalker. All those parallells to Luke, come on, wouldn't it be ridiculous to watch TFA with all those little references knowing that it's all BS and Rey isn't Luke's daughter?

By the way, consider this. We have a. JJ Abrams and b. He wouldn't give Rey's surname, deliberately. JJ Abrams is known to have these little "mysteries" and is known to troll people with these things.

What I'd like to share is a piece from the official script, when Rey lands on Ahch-To and meets Luke. This gave me a feeling of: It has to be.

Rey arrives at a clearing. Small, modest, primitive stone structures. But no one around. Rey walks past them, sees, senses no one.

And then she stops. Feels something. She turns. Standing forty feet away from her, his back to us, is a MAN, in a CLOAK AND ROBE.

Rey stares, knowing exactly who it is. But she just stares for what seems like forever. Until he finally TURNS, SLOWLY, to her. Pulls back his hood.

IT IS LUKE SKYWALKER.

Older now, white hair, bearded. He looks at Rey. A kindness in his eyes, but there's something tortured, too. He doesn't need to ask her who she is, or what she is doing here. His look says it all.

I mean, if it isn't clear now.... :p His look says it all, guys! His look says it all!!!!