Galactic StarFighter nights.

Ramalina

There are some GSF fans in <The True Republic> and given the slow an random nature of the queue on Jung Ma I was thinking of organizing a regular or semi-regular weekly GSF event, so that people could know that at a certain time there would be a decent chance of finding people to group up and queue with.

Right now the proposal is for Fri or Sat night starting at about 9:30 or so.

Other guilds are of course invited, and if you're a solo player or the only one in your guild that does GSF, we'd be happy to have you group up with us for GSF. Both factions welcome.

I'll also be happy to offer help to newer players, GSF has a very steep learning curve and a helping hand really makes a difference in learning to avoid instantly exploding for reasons that aren't always obvious to a new pilot.

If you think you, or better yet your guild, would be interested: reply here, send an in game mail to Zhe-Lian (Pub) or Hinaria (Imp), drop by the SWTTR guild page on enjin, or just show up for an event once it's announced in this thread.

Alpha Company has several players that always are willing to queue up for GSF. We tend to try and find a q-pop during the afternoons and midday.

How about trying for nights during the week as well and not just weekends when most guilds are caught up with events and such?

Alpha Company has several players that always are willing to queue up for GSF. We tend to try and find a q-pop during the afternoons and midday.

How about trying for nights during the week as well and not just weekends when most guilds are caught up with events and such?

Sure, maybe something like Wed night? I was planning on trying to do a bit of recruiting during/after the WPvP event Sat, if I manage to make it there.

In <The True Republic> we tend to have the most bodies online Fri-Sat-Sun after 9 EST, so I'll probably still try to have one weekend evening for it, or possibly alternate weekday/weekend every other week.

If it works well enough that we wind up with two nights a week every week, even better.

I also have permission to use our guild TeamSpeak 3 server for coordination/tutoring for GSF events. We already have a designated GSF channel, and there's generally an unused channel or two if a situation comes up where it's desirable to have separate groups for each faction.

I have literally NEVER queued for gsf >.< . Lol.

Well, there's always the first time. There's a tutorial in the hangar interface, the tiny little question mark in the upper corner. The tutorial sucks pretty badly as a tutorial, but it does let you get used to the controls which can feel a bit weird until you get used to them. A lot of people find it helps them to turn down their mouse sensitivity, at least at first.

There's also a nice set of guides on the GSF forum, the stickied one at the top has links to most of the ones that have fallen off of the first few pages.

Hope to see you flying at some point. :)

Edited by Ramalina

Glad to hear about this. The C.I.A.'s actually going to attempt a few GSF runs this Thursday night (1/28/16) at 9 Eastern. We'll be queuing on Impside, and most of us are terrible.

One of my officers, however, claims to be one of the server's best GSF players there is. I'd love to see someone wipe that smug grin off his toon's side-burned face.

• 2 weeks later...