The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ambient Machine Deco (Changes Needed)

Aatrus

Hi guys. These are issues I have with the decoration that really need to be fixed to optimize it.

1) "OFF" by default ------> "ON" by default. Its really annoying to have to go over and turn it on. It should be on UNTIL we turn it off, not die away after 30 seconds (much like the Bounty Holding Cell).

2) Give us the option (while we're in Edit Mode) to make the decoration invisible when we're outside of Edit Mode, because its a real eyesore. Just a tick box like we have in the Interface Editor would be nice.

3) Make the noise/music/effect the Ambient Machine produces EVEN IN THE ENTIRE ROOM. There is no reason for it to get quieter the more I move away from it.

If you have a machine in the room, it should fill up the entire room with the sound effect evenly, REGARDLESS OF HOW BIG THE ROOM IS.

These fixes aren't hard fixes but they would drastically improve the decoration. It would really mean a lot to those of us who want our Strongholds to sound like the Sith Academy, a cantina, etc... The ambience is SO important.

I hope you take these suggestions into consideration.

Thanks guys,

Cheers

Edited by Aatrus

• 3 months later...
The only issue I have is they are too quiet.

Having them on or off by default is a personal preference, as is making them invisible. I have no problem with the look of them, they are quite small and unobtrusive IMO.

Default on should at least be an option though, because you go in and out your Stronghold all the time, so reenabling them is kind of a chore if you want them in multiple rooms. But yeah, the biggest issue right now is their missing volume.

1) Yes, please! Make the ambient sounds ON by default! It's a pain to run around the room clicking them when it's time to socialize. Also, if they are already on when someone arrives, that person should hear them. It shouldn't have to be turned on in their presence to work.

2) Not useful for me. I integrate the ambient sound items into my decorations. I would be very disappointed if they were invisible. If you don't like the way they look, overlap them with tech wall items -- that might help.

3) Ambient machines need to be louder and reach farther, it's true. I often need to install 2 or 3 of them in a single room so that they can be heard from every seating arrangement. Right now, with the volume sliders all at 100% in my preferences, I can only hear these across 20% to 25% of a room, depending on its size.

This isn't the first time these have been suggested. They're popular suggestions. Hopefully they'll get some attention.

• 3 weeks later...