Questions about the Level 60 boost!

Wallner

Hello!

I was thinking about boosting a character to 60, but it says that my character will have already completed the previous story and expansions.

- Does this mean I can't play any of the original story missions or expansion missions? How about exploration missions?

- And companion missions / conversations, what about them? Will I not be able to get to know my companions and do their missions?

- How about the decisions you make in the different story archs, how do I know what my character has chosen to do?

It seems like (if you haven't played that class before) you will miss quite a lot of character-building if you boost your character :o

Thanks and may the force be with you (and set you free if you're a baddie).

If you start at level 60, you start with Knights of the Fallen Empire. The story up to that point has already taken place. Or in other words, you cannot do the class story and IIRC planet story. None of the decisions you would have made if you had played through the content have any effect on your character, as far as I know.

So yes, if you haven't played the class before, you miss it all.

Hello!

I was thinking about boosting a character to 60, but it says that my character will have already completed the previous story and expansions.

- Does this mean I can't play any of the original story missions or expansion missions? How about exploration missions? Yes, you cannot play the 1-60 stories. They are completed as far as that character is concerned

- And companion missions / conversations, what about them? Will I not be able to get to know my companions and do their missions? Again correct, We as players can only assume that the default options [usually conversation choice #1] are set throughout. However since...

all your 1-50 story companions are lost to time in KotFE (in the first chapter you tell your crew to leave and later you are frozen in carbonite for five years) those choices do not matter all that much.

- How about the decisions you make in the different story archs, how do I know what my character has chosen to do? You don't. Again though you can assume that the default choices are made (pub side that usually means LS and Imp side that usually means DS). If you have never played the story through then you as a player do not know.

It seems like (if you haven't played that class before) you will miss quite a lot of character-building if you boost your character :o

Thanks and may the force be with you (and set you free if you're a baddie).

Again correct. If you want to create a level 60 character my advice would be to create one of a class you have already played through the story on. For example, with my free 60 I created a Jedi Consular Shadow. I played through that story as a Jedi Consular Sage, so I know what happened in that story.

Lastly, shortly before 4.0 BW did release blog posts of all the class stories in summary - limited spoilers and no "official"/canon decisions, but you get the gist the story for that class. https://torcommunity.com/database/developer-blogs has them you just look in the list for "Story Summary"

Hello!

- Does this mean I can't play any of the original story missions or expansion missions? How about exploration missions?

You can play the stories on Ilum, Makeb (Rise of the Hutt Cartel), and Oricon. The original class stories are unavailable, as are the stories in Forged Alliance, Shadow of Revan (Rishi/Yavin) and Rise of the Emperor (Ziost).

Exploration missions (non-purple missions with a star by the triangle) are still available, but you must check the box on the map panel in order to even see them.

- And companion missions / conversations, what about them? Will I not be able to get to know my companions and do their missions?

They are part of the original class stories, so they, too, are unavailable. Until you finish Chapter IX of KotFE, all the previous companions are unavailable (except T7).

- How about the decisions you make in the different story archs, how do I know what my character has chosen to do?

It's pre-set. The only sign of it that you'll notice is the Inquisitor, who is addressed as Darth Imperious in the opening sequence.

Correct. You should, for example, do all of Ziost on at least one character before starting KotFE, because some parts of KotFE won't make much sense unless you do.

My question is this (and it may have been answered elsewhere, I just can't find it):

If I make a L60 character (to try out the class), and don't like the class, what happens if I delete him? Do I get to make a different L60 character? Is there a limit to the number of times I could delete such a character and restart at 60?

My question is this (and it may have been answered elsewhere, I just can't find it):

If I make a L60 character (to try out the class), and don't like the class, what happens if I delete him? Do I get to make a different L60 character? Is there a limit to the number of times I could delete such a character and restart at 60?

If you delete the character BEFORE you reach level 61 you get the token back (you can be 1XP from 61 and get the token back by deleting the character). After you reach level 61 you lose the token.

What the other guy said, but if you do get to 61 before deleting the character, the most you can do is get the deleted character restored. If you delete the restored character, the stated policy is that they refuse to restore it a second time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.