Agent: Vector Hyllus conversations not triggering

taybasco

I currently have Vector at rank 11 influence and have completed chapter one, yet he still hasn't prompted any conversations aboard the ship or else where. Kaliyo's quest line and conversations's seem to be progressing normally so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, my agent is in her thirties and working through chapter two and I've barely spoken to him, I'm sure I'm meant to be able to start his romance by now but I haven't gotten a flirt option since the very first one where you first meet him.

I even restarted the character because I was worried I said something wrong but it's happening again. Something doesn't feel right here at all. Or maybe he just doesn't dig me? *shrug*

The placements of his conversations are kind of weird. I'm replaying through the Agent's story and I noticed that Vector's prompts come in the middle of the planet instead of before or after a planet. So I got the "Welcome to the ship" conversation right away, but he didn't talk to me again until I met Lokin on Taris. Then nothing through Quesh, then a couple after Hoth.

I'm wondering if it's because of certain events that happen on Voss, so the romance is slowed down for him until after Voss.

One other thing to note is that if you're trying to talk to him in your Stronghold he might require you to actually be on your ship (His scenes have him moving around the ship a lot).

Of course if you haven't even gotten the "Welcome to the crew" conversation which comes up right after Alderaan, then, yeah, you might be bugged.

Ba dum bump tish.

Edited by AngFour

Technically, I've gotten two conversations with him so far, so I guess that's good. It's just that Kaliyo has mission after mission after mission. In comparison, Vector is practically silent. His conversations consist of about two lines and a flirt hasn't popped since the beginning of Alderaan. I've done this story before but I don't remember being this Vector starved the first time :o

----

I'm not going to bump the thread, but I appreciate your feedback Angfour. I'll hang in there and see how it goes. It felt buggy to me but there's no way to know whether it is or isn't unless I just keep going. Which I didn't want to do if it was bugged. But now I'm optimistic. :)

Edited by grania

Technically, I've gotten two conversations with him so far, so I guess that's good. It's just that Kaliyo has mission after mission after mission. In comparison, Vector is practically silent. His conversations consist of about two lines and a flirt hasn't popped since the beginning of Alderaan. I've done this story before but I don't remember being this Vector starved the first time :o

They changed when the conversations happen. Because now their stories aren't based upon/triggered by our affection with them but rather where we are in the story they now happen throughout the story instead of being spammed right away when we finish an act. We USED to be able to wrap up all companion conversations basically by the beginning of Act 3, but now that won't be the case. Which again brings to mind Voss and what the Agent has to do there; do we marry Vector before or after Voss? That I don't know, my newest Agent just hit Belsavis and he's (Vector) still fixated on the Imperial/Killik Alliance.

Believe me, I was worried at first as well. But he starts opening up towards the middle of Act 2 :)

Edited by AngFour