The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Hunger Games: STAR WARS Edition – Control Room

Beniboybling

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I take it no one cares about these characters?

Was this meant to be bait? :D

On-topic, Fisto would probably go for one of the closest packs, though I could see him going for a weapon. If he does go for a weapon he'll likely choose a vibroblade. He would definitely be able to get to his desired pack faster than most of the competition due to his high speed, the only people who may be faster being Kenobi, Maul and Grievous. If he sees Kenobi (or Ahsoka tbh) he would likely form an alliance with them given his past experiences with them.

Edit: In addition he could not go for a pack, he is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, being described as a "martial hurricane".

Edited by PadsterPwns

Wouldn't Fisto's lack of confidence keep him from going for the weapons?

Depends tbh, I could see him deciding to leave it and depend upon his skills in H2H but he could just as easily use his speed to ninja something. I think it's more likely he'll leave it unless he sees Kenobi/Ahsoka going for a weapon.

Alright what about Maul and Lumiya? I'm guessing Maul with storm the Cornucopia with Savage (although I doubt they'll be interest in securing it), Lumiya is also quite confident and powerful, she might attempt to grab maybe a whip, a ranged weapon and some gear from the Cornucopia before getting out as quickly as possible.

Her mental manipulation powers might also come in handy in creating distractions.

Edited by Beniboybling

Alright what about Maul and Lumiya? I'm guessing Maul with storm the Cornucopia with Savage (although I doubt they'll be interest in securing it), Lumiya is also quite confident and powerful, she might attempt to grab maybe a whip, a ranged weapon and some gear from the Cornucopia before getting out as quickly as possible.

Her mental manipulation powers might also come in handy in creating distractions.

Tbh, I can imagine Maul killing someone really early in.

Would have to look them up, but doesn't he have some really nice speed feats?

Maul and Savage for sure together, going for the cornucopia.

I already mentioned the Fisto/Kenobi/Ahsoka alliance I suspect will form. They'd only hit the cornucopia if opportunity arises.

Lumiya, she'll probably go it alone. Probably would get a lower level pack but not cornucopia.

Little early to say that, lots can happen and there are some very powerful Force Users that would like nothing better than to chop them apart.

Yes, but the thing is... Both Savage and Maul have some pretty awesome survival skills, saber skills, and have had showings that put others to shame. For example, Savage by himself being able to force both Kenobi and Skywalker back when he was enraged.

Or how Maul survived the loss of his legs and survived on a Garbage planet. Or how Savage broke through Ventress and Dooku's force barriers at the same time. (again, when enraged)

Not to mention the training. Maul, I would have to check for a quote, but wasn't he trained for such things? Savage on the other hand, grew up on Dathomir, which is... Not a friendly place to begin with...

Then there is their showing against Sidious...

If they both survive the initial phase, more so if they get weapons, they are positioned to take the entire thing as it stands. This environment just... Fits them... so well that it is almost unbalanced. For example, Darth Maul was a Sith Assassin, able to hide his presence. Add in his other abilities and the environment, cue many stealth kills.

They also have something that most of the force users do not: Experience using melee weapons other than sabers. Most will not be nearly as familiar with weapons with a weight to them, and in combat, that can be pretty significant in-regards to what tactics you employ. Savage for example is extremely skilled with staff/polearm weaponry as shown early in his appearances. Darth Maul on the other hand, I again, would have to dig up the quotes, but is a master martial artist who mastered basically all of the melee weapons he ever encountered.

Also: He's got this

Side Note: I know, TPM Maul, but he doesn't exactly train between TPM and TCW... :rolleyes:

Edited by Silenceo

Yes, but the thing is... Both Savage and Maul have some pretty awesome survival skills, saber skills, and have had showings that put others to shame. For example, Savage by himself being able to force both Kenobi and Skywalker back when he was enraged.

Or how Maul survived the loss of his legs and survived on a Garbage planet. Or how Savage broke through Ventress and Dooku's force barriers at the same time. (again, when enraged)

Not to mention the training. Maul, I would have to check for a quote, but wasn't he trained for such things? Savage on the other hand, grew up on Dathomir, which is... Not a friendly place to begin with...

Then there is their showing against Sidious...

If they both survive the initial phase, more so if they get weapons, they are positioned to take the entire thing as it stands. This environment just... Fits them... so well that it is almost unbalanced. For example, Darth Maul was a Sith Assassin, able to hide his presence. Add in his other abilities and the environment, cue many stealth kills.

They also have something that most of the force users do not: Experience using melee weapons other than sabers. Most will not be nearly as familiar with weapons with a weight to them, and in combat, that can be pretty significant in-regards to what tactics you employ. Savage for example is extremely skilled with staff/polearm weaponry as shown early in his appearances. Darth Maul on the other hand, I again, would have to dig up the quotes, but is a master martial artist who mastered basically all of the melee weapons he ever encountered.

Also: He's got this

Side Note: I know, TPM Maul, but he doesn't exactly train between TPM and TCW... :rolleyes:

All it takes is few poison berries :)

Maul is notoriously arrogant and Savage is a mindless brute half the time, both could prove fatal in an environment where the other contestants will only be part of the hazard.

Lumiya, she'll probably go it alone. Probably would get a lower level pack but not cornucopia.
You think? I would say Lumiya would be confident enough to try for the Cornucopia. I doubt many if any of the tributes would intimidate her when she has willingly clashed with Luke Skywalker several times over. Edited by Beniboybling

==================================================

Alright everyone, time for our final set of candidates!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

A legendary Jedi Master, Kenobi was a noble warrior and wise mentor with a dry sense of humour and a sarcastic wit. Preferring diplomacy over conflict, he always carefully measures any situation before leaping into action.

Skills: Master lightsaber duellist: Soresu/Ataru/Shien/Niman/Jar’Kai, hand-to-hand combat trained, trained Force-sensitive: mind trick/beast control/sound mimicry/Force sense, expert marksman, tactical ingenuity, multilingual.

Quinlan Vos*

[*Early Dark Disciple Vos]

A former maverick member of the Jedi Order with a sarcastic sense of humour and expert tracking skills, Vos straddles the light and dark after becoming both a disciple and lover of the former Sith assassin Asajj Ventress. And with former allegiances muddied no one can be sure how Vos will act bar to protect his love.

Skills: Expert lightsaber duellist: Ataru/Vaapad/Jar’Kai, hand-to-hand combat trained, trained Force-sensitive: Psychometry/beast control/Force stealth/Dark rage, trained in espionage, expert tracker, underworld expert.

Savage Opress

Once a common Nightbrother, Savage was chosen to be Dooku’s new assassin. Transformed into a monster by Nightsister magicks, he is as aggressive, dispassionate, brutal and cruel as his brother. Possessing a strong will but lacking a level-head Savage is an unstoppable force of destruction.

Skills: Skilled lightsaber duellist, hand-to-hand combat trained, trained Force-sensitive: Force wave, zhaboka trained, incredible strength.

==================================================

Edited by Beniboybling

Well, we've kinda already covered Obi-wan and Savage in the Ahsoka, Fisto and Maul discussions...

Vos I think will go for the cornucopia, and probably have a pretty good chance of getting in and out.

He might team up temporarily with Ahsoka/Fisto/Obi-wan but he'll mostly go it alone.

Don't forget this is Dark Disciple Vos, so he'll probably team up with Ventress.

To be fair there could be a massive alliance between Fisto/Kenobi/Ahsoka/Vos/Ventress. I know it sounds unlikely but Ventress has worked with all of them (bar Fisto) before and Fisto, while cautious, likely would work with Ventress so long as Vos and Kenobi both trust her as Fisto has stated he believes everyone should have a second chance before.

Edited by PadsterPwns

To be fair there could be a massive alliance between Fisto/Kenobi/Ahsoka/Vos/Ventress. I know it sounds unlikely but Ventress has worked with all of them (bar Fisto) before and Fisto, while cautious, likely would work with Ventress so long as Vos and Kenobi both trust her as Fisto has stated he believes everyone should have a second chance before.
Under different circumstances I might agree but lets not forget that this is a fight to the death, forming attachments with the Jedi is only going to make it harder to kill them.

Furthermore an an assassin she's going to favour smaller numbers, and is unlikely to want the Jedi moral compass to get in the way.

Under different circumstances I might agree but lets not forget that this is a fight to the death, forming attachments with the Jedi is only going to make it harder to kill them.

Furthermore an an assassin she's going to favour smaller numbers, and is unlikely to want the Jedi moral compass to get in the way.

Fair point, I just wanted to raise the possibility of them being allies. They may do a temporary truce if they run into Maul/Savage though, as neither separate alliance can deal with them.

Thinking about it, Maul/Savage and Grievous could be in loads of danger as all of the Jedi/Ventress that we mentioned have grudges against them. Could that cause the truce to happen almost immediately?
Potentially, but I think they'll be more interested in getting in and out as quickly as possible than tangling with them.

Mmm, Maul might even let him go, so he can have the thrill of the hunt. :jawa_evil:

OK, not seeing much left to add at this stage. I'll make a final call for any one to make final points, on any of the tributes, and then this evening will get the Hunger Games underway for real!

Also I've decided it will be better to merge this thread with the Spectator's Lounge, so once the Games get properly underway, we will port all future debate over there.