Star Fortresses and future chapters

Shiannelove

Do you think the completion of the Star Fortress Arc (or at least beginning it) will be required for the end of Kotfe? or even sooner like in ch. 10? Or will it not be required at all and more of supply a bonus for final battles against Zakuul?

I like the star fortress arc, but it gets kinda repetitive if you don't like all the new recruits. Haven't even started it on any of my alts. Considering that you aren't required to speak to Miot Dengd (the NPC Sollustan) and start the storyline, I don't think it would be required, but I do think it would be weird if that didn't affect the overall story.

What does everyone else think?

I think it is pretty likely, although quite sad if it is. I dislike grinds and star fortresses sort of count as one.

You have to kill each SF once, plus reconnoitre one of them beforehand. There are half a dozen(1) SFs to destroy? That's not a grind, even at five crates per SF (including the one per SF you get as the reward for scoping out the bunker).

(1)They are:

* Voss

* Alderaan

* Belsavis

* Nar Shaddaa

* Tatooine

* Hoth.

I highly doubt it will be required, since they're not labeled as story missions. You pick them up separately from an NPC rather than having them introduced as part of the KOTFE quest chain. The fact you did them may be recognized further down the line, but other than that, they're just filler content between chapters 9 and 10.

You have to kill each SF once, plus reconnoitre one of them beforehand. There are half a dozen(1) SFs to destroy? That's not a grind, even at five crates per SF (including the one per SF you get as the reward for scoping out the bunker)..

For someone who plays SWTOR for the storylines and the RP aspect, being forced to do something that repetitive is a huge grind. And also boring. I did it for my SW, but I don't plan on doing it again for any of my other characters. Once was more than enough for me.

You have to kill each SF once, plus reconnoitre one of them beforehand. There are half a dozen(1) SFs to destroy? That's not a grind, even at five crates per SF (including the one per SF you get as the reward for scoping out the bunker).

(1)They are:

* Voss

* Alderaan

* Belsavis

* Nar Shaddaa

* Tatooine

* Hoth.

I call it a grind cause the star fortresses are essentially identical (not counting bosses). You have to finish 6 identical

flashpoints. Its boring if you start paying attention to it. Even if I could solo them easily. (note to dev: the difficulty is fine)

Edited by Karkais

I call it a grind cause the star fortresses are essentially identical (not counting bosses). You have to finish 6 identical

flashpoints. Its boring if you start paying attention to it. Even if I could solo them easily. (note to dev: the difficulty is fine)

Sure, I know *why* you call it a grind, but there really, really aren't enough of them to justify the term, not when people use the same word to describe Korean MMORPGs.

Which reminds me: I have to get on and finish the Destroy missions on my main. (I've only done Voss so far, solo, before the Big Nerf.)