The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are ALL the new books considered canon?

Roccobb

Are all the new books considered canon? Just read Before the Awakening, a book I am certain intended for preteens, not grown men in their 30's, but that doesn't matter at all. Basically, its a few short stories about Rey, Finn, and Poe before the movie. Not too much new stuff, as in their character history was added, but a few cool tidbits.

Admiral Ackbar is alive and out of retirement! Yaay for him not being dead like in the EU!!!

Are all the new books considered canon? Just read Before the Awakening, a book I am certain intended for preteens, not grown men in their 30's, but that doesn't matter at all. Basically, its a few short stories about Rey, Finn, and Poe before the movie. Not too much new stuff, as in their character history was added, but a few cool tidbits.

Admiral Ackbar is alive and out of retirement! Yaay for him not being dead like in the EU!!!

As stated, yes all things made after April 2014 are canon. Disney is allowing the Universe to expand but in the controlled way Lucas should have done.

Before the Awakening hit stores on the same day the movie debuted. There wasn't much promotion of it right away, I didn't even hear of it until January. Like you said, its just back stories of the three new main characters. I still need to read it.

Your spoiler really isn't one. This was known about a few weeks before the movie debut, pictures of the scene he is in were put out. Billie Lourd, Carrie Fisher's daughter, was also seen in those pictures.