Gained 7 Experience for Completing a Class Mission as in the Good Old Times?

DomiSotto

I thought all the Class Missions were pro-rated? I was doing one of the steps in Ashara's quest n Taris, on Level 40, and received the old 7 points for being overlevelled for doing the leg of the quest that preceded Means of Persuasion, meeting Ashara in the Jedi Enclave.I got influence and 12 crystals as normal.

Does this happen often in the storylines when the new XP gains are not pro-rated?

I've screenshot it if anyone cares....

Edited by DomiSotto

I thought all the Class Missions were pro-rated? I was doing one of the steps in Ashara's quest n Taris, on Level 40, and received the old 7 points for being overlevelled for doing the leg of the quest that preceded Means of Persuasion, meeting Ashara in the Jedi Enclave.I got influence and 12 crystals as normal.

Does this happen often in the storylines when the new XP gains are not pro-rated?

I've screenshot it if anyone cares....

There are a few quests that don't seem to sync currently, for instance bonus parts of missions often give 7 xp or companion missions do too, its mostly side quest stuff but there are a few class missions that do the same, for instance I noticed the last time I did my bounty hunter on Blamorra that the first 2 class missions only granted me 7 xp each and it was not synced granting me proper rewards.

I trust you are telling the truth, no need for screenshots as I too have seen it.

So, it happens, but not common? Does it actually show the 7 XP when the mission is offered? Not that it is relevant in a class mission, since you will be doing it. Just curious, now that I know it won't stall my leveling for a while :) I'd just really want to power through those horrid levels 40-52 ASAP. Edited by DomiSotto

Is it possible that since level sync puts you +2 levels above the maximum for a planet that maybe the quest was a low end quest for that planet and you were the maximum level of said planet that it technically created enough of a level gap to do that ? If so they could just remove the +2 levels and just put us at the maximum level of planet. I highly doubt the +2 levels will make that much of a difference in difficulty. Edited by Skaara

Except level sync is supposed to make that impossible. You should never see grayed out quests anymore. Obviously, there are numerous side, class and bonus missions that were never updated to scale with level sync. All classes are affected by this at some point. Fill out bug reports if you want, but don't hold your breath on a fix. When you leave DK/Coruscant at level 30-35, it hardly matters you miss out on 8-10k exp here or there.

Is it possible that since level sync puts you +2 levels above the maximum for a planet that maybe the quest was a low end quest for that planet and you were the maximum level of said planet that it technically created enough of a level gap to do that ? If so they could just remove the +2 levels and just put us at the maximum level of planet. I highly doubt the +2 levels will make that much of a difference in difficulty.

I am not certain. I thought that Class quests were never supposed to gray out under the current system? I am level 40 on Taris, that iirc is maxed out at what, 38? I can't remember offhand.

When you leave DK/Coruscant at level 30-35, it hardly matters you miss out on 8-10k exp here or there.

But I do so want to get to level 52 ASAP & I want to stay on the planet for it to keep gathering materials for the following up crafters. :)

Edited by DomiSotto

Is it possible that since level sync puts you +2 levels above the maximum for a planet that maybe the quest was a low end quest for that planet and you were the maximum level of said planet that it technically created enough of a level gap to do that ? If so they could just remove the +2 levels and just put us at the maximum level of planet. I highly doubt the +2 levels will make that much of a difference in difficulty.

Having seen the issue happen frequently with the bonus mission portion of a class quest, where the class quest was awarding full xp, but the bonus mission was not, it would seem what you're proposing isn't the cause of the problem, since both the class quest and associated bonus mission should be the exact same level, (though I could be wrong about that).