David Bowie is dead! :(

Sarfux

No, it isn't. Mocking would be quoting said person and then going on about how they are wrong. This was never done. Every single person in here has a valid opinion and they posted it. Actually just by challenging people on it to create some system of control (you guys sure do love that for some reason ... thanks for the authoritative society by the way) you are making it worse. If no one would have ever questioned the negative outlook post than nothing would have ever came from it. You are actually creating a hostile environment in this thread by doing so. But I'm sure here soon freedom of speech and expression will be completely decimated and you can have all your thoughts dictated to you. If anything the aggressors are the fans while we are just defending our stance.

What I'm not understanding, is if a poster doesn't like a certain celebrity, and someone has made a thread to mourn them and talk to others of a like mind, why do the posters that hate feel compelled to come into the thread? Why not just think...oh, that's about Bowie and I don't like him at all, so I'm just going to avoid that and leave the people to their fantalk? In saying a bunch of mean things about someone a lot of people admired, at a time when folks are shocked by the loss and trying to sort out their feelings, why is there a need to come in and be aggressively nasty about the person that died? It hurts the people who admire the individual. Is there a crying need to hurt fellow forum users?

There was no hostility on this thread until the haters came in and started up. I don't think it's even so much a matter of freedom of speech, as just being kind and considerate to others. If I'm not interested in the celebrity being discussed, I move on and forget about it. I just don't get why people have to be so willfully mean to people who are obviously very upset about losing someone they admired?

What I'm not understanding, is if a poster doesn't like a certain celebrity, and someone has made a thread to mourn them and talk to others of a like mind, why do the posters that hate feel compelled to come into the thread? Why not just think...oh, that's about Bowie and I don't like him at all, so I'm just going to avoid that and leave the people to their fantalk? In saying a bunch of mean things about someone a lot of people admired, at a time when folks are shocked by the loss and trying to sort out their feelings, why is there a need to come in and be aggressively nasty about the person that died? It hurts the people who admire the individual. Is there a crying need to hurt fellow forum users?

There was no hostility on this thread until the haters came in and started up. I don't think it's even so much a matter of freedom of speech, as just being kind and considerate to others. If I'm not interested in the celebrity being discussed, I move on and forget about it. I just don't get why people have to be so willfully mean to people who are obviously very upset about losing someone they admired?

Because that isn't how the real world works. This is a public forum (well, provided your subscription is up to date) and I won't silence my opinions to spare someone's feelings. :rolleyes: You guys must live in some fantasy world where unicorns go around sprinkling everyone with magic feel good dust to avoid being triggered.

Because that isn't how the real world works. This is a public forum (well, provided your subscription is up to date) and I won't silence my opinions to spare someone's feelings. :rolleyes: You guys must live in some fantasy world where unicorns go around sprinkling everyone with magic feel good dust to avoid being triggered.

No, I live in the real world too, but I try to be considerate of other people, and try very hard not to hurt others. Just because it's public doesn't mean it should be mean or unpleasant. Don't you think it would be nice to have one place you could go and talk to people who are actually nice to you? Considerate of you? People who will say, 'hey sorry to hear you're feeling bad?'

Even now, I'm talking in a kind way to you and you're getting worked up, and trying to provoke or make me feel bad about myself because I see things differently from you. You don't need to roll your eyes at me, just because I'm kind. Kindness doesn't mean there are unicorns prancing in my yard...it just means that I care about other people. I'm sorry the world has been so rotten to you that you feel the need to start up fights with people who are sad about a loss, that has nothing to do with you (because you're not a fan, and you're not sad). The world hasn't been all that good to me either lately, but instead of lashing out, I try to make every place I go a little bit nicer. Anyways, that's all I have to say about that, or David Bowie. I doubt I'll make a difference where your perspective is concerned, anymore than you will impact mine, so take it easy and have a nice day. :)

It's a fair bet that most fans of Bowie know him for his music, and are unaware of any of his political stuff from the 70s. Why not post in such a way that informs and educates rather than ridicules and insults? It could actually be effective at communicating your point ...

Unless your purpose here is to simply troll reactions from others? In which case, carry on.

Once again, ignore my opinion if it bothers you that much and go back to worshiping your idol. :p I know it's hard but you can do it. Even still you think I am getting worked up but I'm not. I'm just sitting here responding to your questions and pointing out the very obvious. Stop responding to me begging for me to respond with your questions. Edited by Skaara

Yeah, you and every other bleeding heart liberal in this world. By all means get offended and stay offended and keep waiting for that memo to arrive that explains how I care.

Yeah and throwing insults in the wind doesn't validate your point further. Yeah you're right a I am a liberal and proud of it too. But that doesn't change the fact that what you wrote was derisive and offensive.

Yeah and throwing insults in the wind doesn't validate your point further. Yeah you're right a I am a liberal and proud of it too. But that doesn't change the fact that what you wrote was derisive and offensive.

Not sure how it's offensive when it wasn't directed at anyone except on the man himself and was directed at no one on the forums. Nice try though. You guys really need to learn the meanings behind all those big scary words you like to use. You know you just do this because your trying to create a higher image of yourself by using fancier words to make yourself appear more intelligent than you actually are. It's not my fault that others suffer from insecurity.

So, enlighten us all on how my original post was offensive to anyone on these forums other than just stating his quotes and then my opinion. Now, if you're butthurt because you don't agree with that than it is also not offensive. It's just a personal issue. You'll get over it.

Seriously, take your time .... I'll wait. :rolleyes:

Ps .. I'm also not sure how referring to you as the ideology that you belong to is an insult but hey if you need to look down on yourself then who am I to say anything.

Edited by Skaara