Prelude: Knights of the fallen empire, "not eligible for this conversation"

Max_Gambit

finally got the quest "Prelude: Knights of the fallen empire" but when i try to click on it, i jut get "not eligible for this conversation" i activated the "trial" for kotfe and at the same time i also activated a buddy code to get 7 days of sub.

and on my sorcerer i cant even get the prelude quest, done every single other story mission.

Sent in a ticket on the fifth of January but still no response there... 22700770 is the ticket number if a dev should read this.

• 10 months later...

It's not a buddy code issue. I'm having the same issue and haven't used a code.

edit: if you go into the content section (triangle thingy) of the menu bar and select 'chapters' (or shift+e), you can grant yourself the ch. 1 mission. this solved it for me.

Edited by Gotothrall
additional info

It's not a buddy code issue. I'm having the same issue and haven't used a code.

edit: if you go into the content section (triangle thingy) of the menu bar and select 'chapters' (or shift+e), you can grant yourself the ch. 1 mission. this solved it for me.

Sure, but what did you miss out on by doing it this way? (I mean story/XP/rewards - may not be important to some, but to others story continuity is a big deal, and having to skip a piece of story because the dev's broke it - or never had it working in the first place - is a pretty big deal)

If the Prelude mission is strictly there to get you to go to the console and click start chapter 1, then ok.

P.S. I am also experiencing this - toons that had Ziost completed before KOTFE don't even get the Prelude mission, new toons finishing Ziost do, but console is unclickable as OP mentions.

Also, this is definitely not related to subscription type, duration, or history, as I have been a subscriber since day 1.

Edited by DarthPlecko

Prelude mission incorrectly still points to the mission console (needs updating)

The console is no longer used to start kotfe and as mentioned is via chapters in the top pull down or use shift E

For the OP the 7 day trial sub does not grant access to kotfe it isnt considered a paid subscription, chapter 1 trial is something different and isnt related to the 7 day trial

Edited by OwenBrooks

Prelude mission incorrectly still points to the mission console (needs updating)

The console is no longer used to start kotfe and as mentioned is via chapters in the top pull down or use shift E

For the OP the 7 day trial sub does not grant access to kotfe it isnt considered a paid subscription, chapter 1 trial is something different and isnt related to the 7 day trial

THIS!! Thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...