RP Server Advice

Mr_Pink_Floyd

Hi all!

I've been playing SWTOR on and off since launch, and after recently discovering the WoW RP scene, I wanted to try my hand at RP here (being the Star Wars geek and community lover that I am). My dilemma is this: Which American server (I live on the West Coast) would be ideal to join--Ebon Hawk or Begeren Colony? I'm just looking for an active community and people who actually RP.

Any advice on which one is the more active of the two? Or are they both on relatively equal footing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I've never actually RP'd on Ebon Hawk, but BC has always been good to me for it. Lots of talented people, scheduled open events, & enthusiastic RPers who are actually looking for stories. In my Guild Leading days I wrote out entire plots which involved one or two of my chars, & I left the rest for the Guild to decide. It was RP on their behalf - I think that is important when it comes to RPing. Putting other's RP above yours - once you have what you want your own story figured out that is.

As you are located on the West Coast I'd suggest BC just so your latency is better in case you decide to become involved in other activities while on the server. I am also located on the West Coast and average 14-17 ms latency on BC, and 89 ms latency on EH, (or any of the other East Coast servers for that matter).

My personal opinion is that even though Jung Ma has a smaller community the RP there is usually more thought out and dynamic majority of the time. Everything you do In Character on Jung Ma tends to get around, especially if directly affects one of the major guilds in the server.

If you want quantity over quality, which may be ideal for new Roleplayers, then the above suggestions are certainly viable.

Quality over quantity? I have to stick with Jung Ma. Especially with the major events coming up on the 23rd and 29th.

That said I might be a tiny bit biased since my highest level on EH is 50 while I have 2 65s and 4 50+ on JM.