Dear Bioware/EA - Amazing Idea Inside

jnipper

Wow with all the crap on this forums I as expecting to see another turd. To my surprise, a gem! What a great idea.

This would launch SWTOR into the 'NEXTGEN' MMO category. A new feature that has never been done before. People will complain about the fee I'm sure but I'm guessing they don't understand basic business concepts.

Seriously? you people don't see a problem with this? Why not just have an app that will craft, sell, and gain exp for you as well.

Because crafting doesn't make your character gain xp?

I appreciate your opinion regardless!!!

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

Seriously? you people don't see a problem with this? Why not just have an app that will craft, sell, and gain exp for you as well.

I think the idea is to allow you to still connect with the game when you can't be near your computer without giving an unfair advantage to those who do chose to use it.

Access to Crafting skills doesn't give a make or break advantage to one player over another.

Plus, I don't think anyone in the thread stated they wanted to gain exp from using this.

This is fantastic Idea and it suprises me that more games haven't taken advantage of apps as an extra income.

I say make it a decent little App. $5 to buy, $2.99/month Sub.. Give it three sections, 1. News and server/maintenance updates, 2. Access to friends list and mail (can only see it and reply, can't accept or send items), 3. Crew Skills. To save the trouble of credit problems and glitches since crew skills cost them, just have a small separate in-game bank you can deposit credits in for the app. At the security vendor or something?

Idk, I would just love some kind of functioning app that would let me do TOR things while I'm at work and bored or my girlfriend is making me watch a dumb show/movie.

This is fantastic Idea and it suprises me that more games haven't taken advantage of apps as an extra income.

I say make it a decent little App. $5 to buy, $2.99/month Sub.. Give it three sections, 1. News and server/maintenance updates, 2. Access to friends list and mail (can only see it and reply, can't accept or send items), 3. Crew Skills. To save the trouble of credit problems and glitches since crew skills cost them, just have a small separate in-game bank you can deposit credits in for the app. At the security vendor or something?

Idk, I would just love some kind of functioning app that would let me do TOR things while I'm at work and bored or my girlfriend is making me watch a dumb show/movie.

Solid additions!

The news/server status section would be v v v nice.

i don't mind a monthly fee, but they should give us the app for free. also, said app would need to have provision for managing inventory, since your backpack would fill up quick.

Because crafting doesn't make your character gain xp?

I appreciate your opinion regardless!!!

Clearly you missed my point. If you allow automation of certain aspects of the game where do you draw the line? Why not have an app that quests for you? what would be the difference?

You really want to be 400 in all skills while not even playing the game? You don't think that's an advantage over other players?

Terrible Idea

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

Clearly you missed my point. If you allow automation of certain aspects of the game where do you draw the line? Why not have an app that quests for you? what would be the difference?

You really want to be 400 in all skills while not even playing the game? You don't think that's an advantage over other players?

Terrible Idea

It's not automating a thing.

You still have to log into the app and set your crew to go out and do crafting. Its just another avenue to access that part of the game.

Is this any different than logging into a friend's computer when you are over their house to kick off some crew skills?

Edited by Anomoly