Makeb H2+ : False History

LordFell

Bug Problem: Part 1

This quest does not give you the Shuttle pass to the area as promised; I know we're supposed to get one, because it shows up next to the quest. It's greyed out though, because it isn't also spawned to your inventory.

Bug Problem: Part 2

This is the quest breaker. The actual quest isn't far from a Flight Terminal, so you can get there easy enough. The problem is it's kinda broken.

You access a terminal (fine), but then you need to turn off 4 gas traps (not fine).

With a well geared Juggernaut Tank (216 to 220 gear, most gear augmented), using a Med Pack and a Healing Companion, as well as my Indestructible power (damage reduced 40% for 10 seconds) I just can't shut down all 4 gas traps before they kill me. Even when I'm prepared for them, and keyed up to do it fast.

These quests are supposed to be soloable now, even if challenging. This one is definitely impossible to solo for most players. That gas trap damage should be reduced, probably by about 30%

Yeah, it's not possible to do it alone. I'm similarily geared; however, knowing what this was about, I popped heroic moment and got to the fourth one nearly had it before I died. Gave up. Not worth the frustration and the cost to repair the armor afterwards.

There are no repair costs when dying from scripted damage, but yes, the quest can be frustrating when doing alone. that doesn't mean there's a bug, it just means its' a H2.

Gear doesn't help against a script that reduces your health by a percentage instead of a fixed value. You need to be quick if you want to do it alone. Classes with a speed boost can solo it rather easily, A merc can do with Kolto Overload, the Dark-V legacy ability Sacrifice (kill companion to heal yourself) also helps, as does the heroic moment.

You just need to close all 4 vents. If you die after the fourth the quest still continues.

Edited by Mubrak

RE: Bug 2.

While it may not be a bug per se, it does present an unfair advantage to any class that has those instant move skills. Inquisitors can drop a phase walk at the set opposite the start terminal and have no problems getting this done with a healing comp. Same with operatives and scamper/roll.

That being said, those classes without these skills (or those who haven't leveled into them yet) are hosed.

On the other hand, they are group content, not solo content.

On the other hand, they are group content, not solo content.

H2 are no supposed to be done by single players who are "well geared" or able to do "challenging" content. I fit both criteria, so I'm calling /bug on this.

(whaddayamean message too short? Gotta be 300 characters at least!)

• 4 weeks later...

Any class that has an "instant move" skill can complete this quest solo. Think phase walk/scamper/whatever the jug move is that spins and moves 15 meters. Not making this up, I do it all the time. Just takes some pre-planning and positioning.

Those classes that don't have instant move skills or do, but they rely on a target are going to have to come up with other options.

as an assassin I can solo the first part pretty easily, however its the second part that gets me with the electric floor. whats the trick to that? I can slice all 4 terminals and have the whole floor open for a few seconds but nothing indicates another step to disarm the vault security

It really isnt that hard of a quest honestly. I am a mix of 216 and 208 gear and I can solo it easily. First time I played it I died, because I didnt know wth just happened. Second time I went back in and turned off all 4 panels with half life left, heroic moment wasnt on either.

I am a Dps guardian too. It really is a easy mission, the easiest one on makeb. I dont call myself skilled at all, but I guess I'm more skilled than so called "skilled" players,

It really isnt that hard of a quest honestly. I am a mix of 216 and 208 gear and I can solo it easily. First time I played it I died, because I didnt know wth just happened. Second time I went back in and turned off all 4 panels with half life left, heroic moment wasnt on either.

I am a Dps guardian too. It really is a easy mission, the easiest one on makeb. I dont call myself skilled at all, but I guess I'm more skilled than so called "skilled" players,

That's because the mission was recently made easier. You're replying to an old thread - at that time it was extremely difficult to complete it alone - heroic moments and abilities such as sacrifice were the only way of getting through it.

However, as this has now been changed so it has been bought inline with other heroic's, there is no longer an issue doing it solo.

• 3 weeks later...
as an assassin I can solo the first part pretty easily, however its the second part that gets me with the electric floor. whats the trick to that? I can slice all 4 terminals and have the whole floor open for a few seconds but nothing indicates another step to disarm the vault security

hi, SPOILER *

*use "instant move" skil. u can switch from table 2 table fast.

completet all inis at h2+ false history, makeb:cool: