Supercrit

DarkLordKarmac

Has anyone seen any news on when Turbulence/Thundering Blast Supercrit will actually be fixed? TK/Lightning dps is abysmal, and although this won't completely fix it, it would help ever so slightly.

If you mean why TK/Lightning doesn't get overflow from TB (which I believe is a completely separate problem from the recklessness issue) I'm 99% positive that Bioware can't handle debuff based autocrits cause they don't actually "buff your crit chance" or B: They actually disabled the concept for needing a crit chance for turbulence as every sane person would use it with Weaken Mind, and they were too lazy to fix it for super crit. Regardless, it's dumb.

It's probably related to why Turbulence does potato damage when Saber Reflected, meaning the whole "crit" of it happens at a later calculation than most "crits"

• 2 weeks later...
TK/Lightning dps is abysmal

I beg to differ.. it's currently the highest parsing sage/sorc spec ingame, and on any fight with multiple targets, it's also one of the best specs overall

even in single target fights there aren't many players that can outdps a skilled TK/Lightning dps

still I hope this gets fixed, it's really annoying

I beg to differ. I find that madness can EASILY best lightning.

let's check the parse leaderboards shall we?

top dummy parse: tk

EV HM, 3/4 bosses tk/lightning is top

KP HM, 3/5 bosses tk/lightning is top

EC HM, ALL bosses tk/lightning is top

TFB HM, 3/5 bosses tk/lightning is top

S&V HM, 6/7 bosses tk/lightning is top

DF HM, 4/5 bosses tk/lightning is top

DP HM, 1/3 bosses tk/lightning is top (bestia and calph don't show up any parses)

RAV HM, 2/3 bosses tk/lightning is top (M&B only shows a healer dps :rolleyes: and cora is empty)

TOS HM, 3/3 bosses tk/lightning is top (commanders is empty, and revan only has 1 dps parse, which is lightning)

total: in HM ops, for most (29/39) bosses, tk/lightning is the best parsing sage/sorc spec; pretty good for an "abysmal dps" spec don't you think? :rolleyes:

I outdps our TK sage with my infi shadow as often as he outdps me.

since I don't know your skill or that of your TK sage, I can't (and didn't) say anything about you

I DO however find that, even when using agro drops, I'm often on the top of the agro table in pug groups (after tanks), and I'm pretty much always top dps in my guildruns

it may not be able to beat equally skilled players, playing the FOTM spec, in a single target (and melee friendly) fight, but saying it's abysmal is BS

since I don't know your skill or that of your TK sage, I can't (and didn't) say anything about you

I DO however find that, even when using agro drops, I'm often on the top of the agro table in pug groups (after tanks), and I'm pretty much always top dps in my guildruns

it may not be able to beat equally skilled players, playing the FOTM spec, in a single target (and melee friendly) fight, but saying it's abysmal is BS

TK DPS isn't abysimal. We're approximately at equal skill level. Basically, fights with adds he outdps me, fight without adds, I outdps him and that not by far. It just depends on what the class is built around. TK has rotational AOE so even when focusing boss if there's adds he'll do more damage.

Edited by LudhaninRolgge

let's check the parse leaderboards shall we?

top dummy parse: tk

EV HM, 3/4 bosses tk/lightning is top

KP HM, 3/5 bosses tk/lightning is top

EC HM, ALL bosses tk/lightning is top

TFB HM, 3/5 bosses tk/lightning is top

S&V HM, 6/7 bosses tk/lightning is top

DF HM, 4/5 bosses tk/lightning is top

DP HM, 1/3 bosses tk/lightning is top (bestia and calph don't show up any parses)

RAV HM, 2/3 bosses tk/lightning is top (M&B only shows a healer dps :rolleyes: and cora is empty)

TOS HM, 3/3 bosses tk/lightning is top (commanders is empty, and revan only has 1 dps parse, which is lightning)

total: in HM ops, for most (29/39) bosses, tk/lightning is the best parsing sage/sorc spec; pretty good for an "abysmal dps" spec don't you think? :rolleyes:

I am speaking from a PVP standpoint. PVE I have no complaints at all.

I get the idea that the few of us that have really stuck with TK feel this way. I feel like I can go into any fight and compete with other classes. Also, I don't have quite the gear or practice on other dps specs, but I still have yet to be better at anything then TK.