The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So Bioware have done it once again with the Blademaster lightsabers

Once again Bioware have made the mainhand lightsaber too big, looking at the pictures ingame of the Shoto http://tor-fashion.com/blademasters-shoto/ the shoto is what I would consider the "normal" size for a lightsaber hilt, yet this is indeed the smaller one. It means once again that the mainhand lightsaber is too big as usual.

Bioware could you please look at making "normal" sized weapons that look well on some of the smaller body types as most of what's in the Cartel Market is simply too big.

Once again Bioware have made the mainhand lightsaber too big, looking at the pictures ingame of the Shoto http://tor-fashion.com/blademasters-shoto/ the shoto is what I would consider the "normal" size for a lightsaber hilt, yet this is indeed the smaller one. It means once again that the mainhand lightsaber is too big as usual.

Bioware could you please look at making "normal" sized weapons that look well on some of the smaller body types as most of what's in the Cartel Market is simply too big.

I actually tend to like the look of longer hilted lightsabers. They just make more practical sense to me, considering that the blade of a lightsaber can instantly burn your fingers off if they get too close

They look similar to what Obi-Wan had in prequels and EP IV but the size of them is a major put off for me. I agree, lightsabers need to be smaller. My favorite is the model that is used by Orgus Din as well. I think it's smallest one in the game but its proportions are fine.
Keep in mind that they may be larger on purpose.

In-universe: battery technology may not have improved enough by this point to even HAVE such small lightsabers.

Out-of-universe: if the hilts fit perfectly in your character's grip, you wouldn't be able to see the model that you (probably) paid good REAL money for.

Keep in mind that they may be larger on purpose.

In-universe: battery technology may not have improved enough by this point to even HAVE such small lightsabers.

Out-of-universe: if the hilts fit perfectly in your character's grip, you wouldn't be able to see the model that you (probably) paid good REAL money for.

There are smaller hilts in the game already though. My favorite lightsaber, the Citadel Mainhand Lightsaber, has a smaller hilt (I got it from the Worldbreaker Monolith prior to KOTFE, not sure if it's still attainable that way) although it's locked to mainhand unfortunately so you can't get an offhand version of it. Some CM hilts are also more reasonable with their size like the Fearless Retaliator Lightsaber but a lot of them, and a lot of the recent in game lightsabers, are too long.

It's kinda bad all around in my opinion but it's extremely noticeable and bothersome to me when the lightsaber is on your hip moreso than when it's being wielded. Compare the two I mentioned above, Citadel Mainhand Lightsaber and Fearless Retaliator Lightsaber, with something like the Betrayer's Starforged Lightsaber. The latter is almost as big as some of the double bladed lightsabers (I say almost as they're positioned differently on the belt, but seem to be roughly the same size).

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a specific reason for making them bigger, it just bothers me personally as they look gaudy. Especially the newer double bladed lightsabers that tend to go down to the knee when on the hip.