New Computer same fps poor warzones

whilberto

I just can't believe it, I am by no means a computer expert but I feel like my rig shouldn't drop to 18 fps in warzones(I've tried a plethora of settings)

CPU- Intel i5 4690k

Gpu- nivida evga 760 2gb

I also have the game stored on an ssd

Another weird thing is that streaming seems to have no affect on my fps but the stream appears to be a solid 30 fps

I always loved this game and after a two year hiatus I came back with a new rig only to find I get poor fps in warzones

Any help will be much apricated "you're my only hope"

(16-24fps during combat in warzones)

Edited by whilberto

I just can't believe it, I am by no means a computer expert but I feel like my rig shouldn't drop to 18 fps in warzones(I've tried a plethora of settings)

CPU- Intel i5 4690k

Gpu- nivida evga 760 2gb

I also have the game stored on an ssd

Another weird thing is that streaming seems to have no affect on my fps but the stream appears to be a solid 30 fps

I always loved this game and after a two year hiatus I came back with a new rig only to find I get poor fps in warzones

Any help will be much apricated "you're my only hope"

It drops in the warzone because your UI is active. Turn your UI off and you will see the fps shoot up. It is a poor design from both the Hero Engine and Bioware. The only thing that combats this, is to have the fastest cpu processor speed per core that you can afford.

Edited by Holocron

So I goto o/c this bad boy? I'm pretty sure 4690k is the strongest i5 on the market atm

Yes overclocking would help. The faster you can get the base clock cycle, the better. The Hero Engine website even talks about how the CPU plays a large roll in their engine, but a lot of swtor players don't know this.