Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvE - Sniper vrs Commando

Rthen

I have played a Sniper (Eng Spec) since launch. Recently getting back into the game I took advantage of some saved up cash shop coins and bought a token to create a new level 60 character, I decided to make a Commando.

Playing Gunnery spec what I have noticed is that the Commando just feels more powerful then my Sniper. Not sure f this is true and I am simply talking about PvE.

I suppose it does not really matter.

Anyone else have an observation?

As it is now, Commando Gunnery is a tad stronger than Sniper on Dummy parses, the damage potential of Arsenal is a bit higher than Sniper. Commando Gunnery is also more mobile than Sniper with the right Utilities.

However, once the fight has some AoE damage to be dealt I think you'll find Sniper doing more damage in pretty much all cases.

Edited by MFollin

As it is now, Commando Gunnery is a tad stronger than Sniper on Dummy parses, the damage potential of Arsenal is a bit higher than Sniper. Commando Gunnery is also more mobile than Sniper with the right Utilities.

In particular Forced March, which allows you to move while channelling Full Auto and/or Boltstorm.

Engineering sniper is really strong at the moment and has a fair amount of mobility and great aoe. Gunnery is the strongest and most mobile burst ranged spec at the moment, for a ranged burst spec and with this mobility is a bit overtuned actually.

So comparing the burst specs of the three ranged classes and using republic abbreviations, i.e. sage telekinetics=TK, commando gunnery=G, gunslinger sharpshooter=SS, here is my subjective experience with them.

DPS: G > TK > SS

Mobility: G > TK >>> SS

Burst: SS=G > TK

Swap burst: SS > G=TK

Defence: SS > G > TK

Ease of rotation: SS > G=TK

Fun: TK=G > SS :)

Hope this helps.

Edited by MusicRider

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.