The Sith Warrior and the Eternal Emperor

OfficerDonNZ

Haven't done much if any writing recently but the past few weeks I've a few ideas kicking around in my head after playing Knights of the Fallen Empire..

Probably the most interesting plot point of the new content is the fact that the player's toon ends up with the spirit of the Eternal Emperor, Valkorion in their head. So I've started writing a converstion between my SW and Valkorion. It's still very much a work in progress as it's far from finished as there's more I want to explore. Oh and while I remember Happy New Year! :)

Nathyrra sat crossed legged mandating aboard her Fury on the planet of Odessen home to the Alliance to end the Eternal Empire she was the only person aboard her ship. Well that wasn’t strictly true as she had the spirit of the Eternal Emperor Valkorion in her head. That was when he decided to make himself known.

“You think too much.” Valkorion observed as he materialised in a similar cross legged position across from his host.

Nathrrya eyed the man only she could see “I wonder why that could be.” The Sith replied dryly.

The Emperor smiled slightly. “After all this time you are still an enigma to me. You can command the Alliance forces with ease. But yet you refuse to use my power when I’ve offered to you.” Valkorion eyed the woman’s exposed mid riff, a leather jacket with a tied bandana top wasn’t what he’d call armour. Nor was the rest of Nathyrra’s outfit, matching leather pants and boots with a utility belt with many pouches even a blaster holster, which was currently empty. Why she wore the style of clothing she did, he didn’t know not that he particularly minded. When you got to his age you took enjoyment of the small things in life. “Need I remind you of what happened last time?”

Nathrrya grimaced “No, and by rights I should be dead. Getting impaled by a Lightsaber is usually considered fatal. Though I suspect you had something to do with me still breathing.”

“I did. After all if you die so do I.” Valkorion replied matter of fact. “from a certain point of view.”

“Lana and I suspected as much.” Nathrrya sighed “And if anyone’s the enigma it’s you my former Emperor. You act nothing like Vitiate ever did, yet your presence in force was unmistakable. Both Darth Marr and I recognized it as soon as we were near the Eternal Throne.”

Valkorion frowned slightly, thinking this had been dealt with. “A persons desires and goals can change over time. Why would I be any different?”

The Sith snorted “Yes people can change but rarely do they change so much as to seemingly contradict themselves. You consumed all life on Ziost, yet you generally seem to care about the fate of Zakuul and its people. Even perhaps regret certain things where your family is concerned. I don’t know who you are anymore. Perhaps I never did. But I can’t see you as the force entity wanting to consume all life in the galaxy. It would be counterproductive at the very least.”

Valkorion stood up and sighed heavily, he suddenly looked much older. Nathhyra stood as well as they began to walk around the empty ship. “Is it possible after all this time I’ve been wrong?” the Emperor murmured to himself before turning to face the Sith “Is it possible I’ve lived too long?” he asked deep in thought.

Nathrrya’s blue eyes grew with surprise as she rocked back on her heels crossing her arms over her chest. She hadn’t been expecting Valkorion to ask anything like that. “I would say yes.” She replied softly. “While it’s true that force sensitives can live longer than normal people, even extend our life to some degree, even so we must become one with the force eventually. Most Sith seem to forget that.”

Valkorion smiled slightly “If I did not know better I would say you were reciting Jedi teachings.” He said in an amused tone.

The Sith grinned in response “Maybe I was. I have encountered my share of Jedi, even worked with some on occasion. Sith and Jedi are not so different despite what both sides what to believe. We both serve the force in different ways. We are two sides of the same coin. Instead of fighting each other both orders should be working together.” Nathyrra sighed “Unfortunately it isn’t a popular opinion.”

“No, I imagine not.” Valkorion replied intrigued by what his former Wrath had to say. It wasn’t lost on him that not so long ago he’d have struck her down without a second thought for saying such things. “Tell me what has made you think this way?”

The red haired Sith looked thoughtful for a time before she spoke “Many things, my own experiences mainly. My family history for another. I come from a very long line of force users, mostly Jedi oddly enough. As I was born in Imperial space I was going to be a Sith. Never found out how the extend family took that bit of news.” Nathrrya looked troubled “Probably just as well.”