The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Inactive guild

Max_Messling

I logged in recently with a character only to discover that she was Guildmaster of a guild with 30 members. The other senior officers have been inactive for a period ranging between 40 days to 6 months. This happened to me a year ago with another character. I realized I was guildmaster when I wanted to quit the guild. I remained in the guild because I enjoyed the rank. Some months after that, when I logged back, there was no guild. Either I was inactive long enough so that the guild leadership was passed on to someone else and this person disbanded the guild or removed me, OR the guild disbanded because of inactivity. Can a guild automatically disband when there are no active members even if there are more than 4 members in it? If so, what happens to the content of the guild bank? We are currently at 5 active members in the past 30 days. Should I worry about the guild disbanding automatically? Edited by Max_Messling

My understanding is that no, a guild will not automatically disband for any reason.

It's more likely that someone logged in earlier and either was the GM or was assigned the GM by default since nobody else that qualified had logged in within the past 30 days.

Then they either disbanded the guild themselves or kicked other members and kept the guild for themselves.

As to what happens to items in an inactive guild bank - I believe a guild bank can only be used if there's at least one officer/GM who's a subscriber. Failing that anything in the bank is locked out so nobody can access it until someone does qualify, but the items already there aren't deleted.