GTX980ti Microstuttering & random camera movement.

Scouselemon

So to cut a long story short I decided to start playing this again and instantly remembered why I unsubbed a few years or so ago.

First off microstuttering. On a GTX980ti with a 5820k and 16gb of DDR4 I get microstuttering with this game. It's not subtle either, it's really bad, almost like FPS goes from max to 5 back to max then back to 5 again. I mean, really? Is the engine & utilization that bad that it still has a microstuttering problem?

Secondly, random camera movement. This is a problem reported way back in 2011 (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=62987). When right click holding the mouse to move the camera it will just shift in a random direction (normally straight up so you're looking down at your character) They've had years to sort this out, yet it's still happening as of today 30/12/2015!

Well, I was thinking about resubbing, but I think I'll just let the 7 day trial end and uninstall. Unless of course you have the fixes I need Bioware?

Try setting pre-rendered frames to 1 in the NVidia control panel , this should be done in the profile for swtor.exe see if this has any affect on the stutter your seeing, don't have this issue with my 970

Also If fullscreen try fullscreen (window) see if anything changes

Edited by OwenBrooks

I had the same problems with my mouse - I was using an Alienware TactX one and was getting the same problem in Lotro, so I changed to a Logitech G600, and it fixed the problems up until the last update and it's started happening again. Luckily it's only about once a session, so it's not really doing my head in (yet!).

So to cut a long story short I decided to start playing this again and instantly remembered why I unsubbed a few years or so ago.

First off microstuttering. On a GTX980ti with a 5820k and 16gb of DDR4 I get microstuttering with this game. It's not subtle either, it's really bad, almost like FPS goes from max to 5 back to max then back to 5 again. I mean, really? Is the engine & utilization that bad that it still has a microstuttering problem?

Secondly, random camera movement. This is a problem reported way back in 2011 (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=62987). When right click holding the mouse to move the camera it will just shift in a random direction (normally straight up so you're looking down at your character) They've had years to sort this out, yet it's still happening as of today 30/12/2015!

Well, I was thinking about resubbing, but I think I'll just let the 7 day trial end and uninstall. Unless of course you have the fixes I need Bioware?

I run 2x R9 290X and I also have micro stutter everywhere in this game. Even if I turn crossfire off, the stuttering is still there. I also run the game from an SSD. Drives me nuts.