youtube and copyright

BowtieJones

Hey everyone. I recently started posting some Merc vids on youtube.

You can watch or not. I really just record to watch it back and learn what I did right or wrong.

My question is about copyright stuff. I posted a Pipeball vid, no outside music playing, no TeamSpeak to pick up a friend's music. I just got a message from youtube saying it's blocked in some countries due to "Episode iii - Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious" being present. So I guess the in game music is from the movies as well? I don't know.

Is it worth it to dispute? I wouldn't even know how to go about it.

Yeah, if you want to stream to youtube, you need to disable the in-game music (just turn down the volume for music in options). I learned that the hard way a long time ago on my channel. That's the same for a whole bunch of different games to be honest.

No point contesting it. Streamers don't own the rights to the music, end of story.

Hey everyone. I recently started posting some Merc vids on youtube.

You can watch or not. I really just record to watch it back and learn what I did right or wrong.

My question is about copyright stuff. I posted a Pipeball vid, no outside music playing, no TeamSpeak to pick up a friend's music. I just got a message from youtube saying it's blocked in some countries due to "Episode iii - Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious" being present. So I guess the in game music is from the movies as well? I don't know.

Is it worth it to dispute? I wouldn't even know how to go about it.

Just put copyright, trademark and registered in the description. And include ALL parties present: EA, BW, LA and...that should be it.

This way they can go fk themselves-because you haven't breached the copyright because you gave it where it's due.

Just put copyright, trademark and registered in the description. And include ALL parties present: EA, BW, LA and...that should be it.

This way they can go fk themselves-because you haven't breached the copyright because you gave it where it's due.

As the lady in the commercial says - That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

Edited by Jherad

As the lady in the commercial says - That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

Reminds me of the nonsense on facebook..."I do not consent to you using my stuff" even though you did by signing up. I figure saying "I don't own this copyright but I'm going to post it anyway." is not the way to go about it.

I'll just leave the music off. Not like anyone is watching me play for their enjoyment anyway. :rak_03:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.