Game crashes while travelling on Taxis

JoeDin

Hi all,

So this bug has started to happen to me to day. If i talk to one of the travel droids and pick a destination to travel to on the Taxis during the ride at some point, before reaching the destination the game will totally freeze. Not only dose it freeze but it freezes so bad it locks out my computer and i am forced to either shutdown or force a log off.

Then once i start the game backup and log it, my character is stood in front of the taxi droid that i had tried to use.

This crash has now happened to me 4 times today, its really annoying to have to shutdown due to this bug and its making travelling around the maps long and slow.

Anyone else having this issue, or know of a fix for it?

just to add,

it has now crashed another 2 times doing this but this time around once I logged back in, my character was still on the taxi speeder about half way to my destination. lucky it made it to the destination without crashing. but for now im avoiding the taxi service it keeps on crashing.

This happens to me as well, though it will also happen on my own speeders. It is a hard crash that locks up the PC so that a hard boot is required. It seems to happen often when the map is open.

Edit: Unlike the other thread posted above mine doesn't go to a blue screen of any kind--it's just a freeze with whatever was on the screen remaining frozen. Very unusual to have an application with the power to lock up a computer--but SWTOR is a very powerful (or poorly coded) app apparently. BTW, this is on Win 10.

Edited by Khartu

This happens to me as well, though it will also happen on my own speeders. It is a hard crash that locks up the PC so that a hard boot is required. It seems to happen often when the map is open.

Edit: Unlike the other thread posted above mine doesn't go to a blue screen of any kind--it's just a freeze with whatever was on the screen remaining frozen. Very unusual to have an application with the power to lock up a computer--but SWTOR is a very powerful (or poorly coded) app apparently. BTW, this is on Win 10.

yes same here my one dose not show a blue screen just freezes the games picture and the sound also sticks. it happens to me on the taxi, but i do travel on taxi with map open most times.

Just chiming in; the same thing is happening to me as well, forcing a restart with no error code.

Windows 10; 16GB of memory; dual GTX 970 using the latest drivers.

Attempted to save DXDiag for you, but the 50k character limit prevented me from doing so.

Edited by TSRJim
DXDiag

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

And now this exact same bug is back.

Get on a taxi/bike, lock up somewhere in route, crash, restart and repeat. I'm able to recreate this bug 100% of the time, particularly since my character is logging in already on the taxi/speeder a few seconds before the crash hits.

Video - https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/AphSugYiuRn_2q0uuD-FztMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

==== EDIT ====

Setting grass ans shadows to the lowest possible settings enabled my to arrive at the taxi/speeder end point. I suspect (and have no real knowledge) that this is yet another windows 10 unannounced auto-update issue. Hopefully Bioware will look into it and Microsoft will eventually listen.

Edited by Cissack
Temp Fix Addem

Try placing the game in compat mode for win 7 , disabling SLI still appears to help , recent thread here

nothing significant has changed still appears to be SLI systems, I have a single Nvidia 970 on win 10 here and no issue so far

putting grass to 0 ingame should still help as well

Edited by OwenBrooks