Best type of sorc for pvp?

Snoke_Piazza

Well I wouldn't choose Corruption as that is a healing spec if you don't want to be the 'support guy'.

I wouldnt say one was better than the other, both I feel are viable in PvP right now so it comes down to what play style fits you best that you enjoy.

I would suggest giving both specs a decent go of and decide for yourself which you enjoy the most.

Lightning has more burst, mobility and in longer fights better force management but if you come up against more than one healer in the enemy team you are really gonna struggle to do much about it unless your teammates have great focus.

Madness is slower to build up its 'burst' but gives you a handy extra root and can really wear healers down with its dot spreads as apposed to lightning a single target dps. Folk argue that madness has greater survivabilty because of the Force Leach self heal but Lightning now has a 9% damage reduction so really they are pretty close to each other I find.

Lightning/ TK is funner(imo) and faster paced than madness/balance but it doesn't hit for nearly as hard as it used to or compared to other current burst classes. In warzones in the same gear I will get larger hits as Balance than in TK, and also a buttload of fluff damage with dot spread, but TK/Lightning can be fun, with instant cast procs, it's just not really going to blow anyone up like a proper burst class. Edited by Romeugues