The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do you think they underpowered Grevious in TCW?

adormitul

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because that inbred David thinks his retarded opinion is above canon (OCW, LoE, etc were canon back then):

"I still don't believe that, at this point -- one-to-one -- that Grievous could really take out someone like Ventress in a lightsaber fight. I mean, it's just me, but he doesn't have the Force. He can't wield it. I don't see how he can hope to be as proficient as a Jedi or a Sith could be fighting with a lightsaber, which is why he's always willing to dirty play at the end of the day."

"Yeah, it's in the movie. Mace Windu says, "General Grievous will run and hide, as he always does." He's an interesting character for all that thought. And obviously, you know, he's adept at using lightsabers, but I always thought his thing was fear. If you are afraid of the many swirling blades, then you'll parish staring at them. But if you can just focus through it, you can defeat that opponent. "

—David Filoni

Nevermind all the sources saying Grievous ***** on most Jedi, and the last time I looked most Jedi had the Force...So yeah, it's because of an idiot director who either doesn't know what he is talking about or suffers in a serious case of egoism by thinking he knows better than *********** canon.

It's funny how he quotes Windu to **** on Grievous, but ignores that in the novel (which yet again was canon back then) Windu says "Grievous rekts any Jedi but Kenobi gg wp no re."

Edited by cs_zoltan

To be honest I don't think Grievous was underpowered, just inconsistent. While I agree with Zoltan that Filoni's reasoning is incredibly stupid, I don't think that Grievous was actually nerfed as much as Filoni wanted him to be. My reasoning? In most of GG's fights in TCW he usually is flat out better than his opponent but he's a victim of his own overconfidence because he toys with them. A few examples of this being his battles with Ahsoka, where he had multiple chances in each duel where he could have killed her but didn't, and his battle with Eeth Koth, where he was pushing Koth despite only using two of his arms. Also keep in mind that Ahsoka is pretty near Jedi Knight level so Grievous may have been taken by surprise by her level of skill and even then she was the one that fled in most of their engagements.

In comparison, we have his various duels with Kenobi where we see him give Kenobi a run for his money every time and his battle with Nahdar Vebb, whom he simply toyed with, despite the fact that we've seen Vebb scrap Magnaguards casually. You could try to look at his battle with Fisto as an example that they underpowered Grievous but there were quite a few factors in that. The first factor is that Fisto is the greatest Shii-Cho user of all time so naturally he's going to excel at dealing with someone like Grievous and he's been noted as one of the best duelists in the history of the Order. The second factor is that Fisto took one of Grievous' lightsabers from him meaning he could push a fierce attack but still maintain a defense, had Fisto not taken that blade the fight may have ended differently. The third factor is probably the most important in that Fisto used his environment and abused his Force power, using it to off-balance Grievous. Add the fact that Fisto is one of the fastest Jedi in the Order, able to block strikes from Sidious and it becomes clear that Fisto was simply an opponent that's pretty much a dead counter to someone like Grievous.

Personally I see all of this as evidence that Grievous wasn't nerfed, he was just too overconfident and faced opponents that weren't fodder meaning that they could use this to their advantage. Besides even accounting all of this most of his opponents, bar Kenobi, fled from him.

Sure you can explain Grievous' low showings in TCW, but it's obvious they had no repsect for the character. You would never see someone like Vader or Sidious losing to *********** Gungans, circumstances or not.

They did butcher him, though I'm still of the opinion it's due to inconsistencies rather than flat out nerfing. He's still pretty much second only to Vader as a Jedi killer, he just went up against some of the best Jedi in the history of the Order and he still almost beat them.

Ok so Vader is first nobody doubts that in all of the franchise then who is the second, third, fourth?

So this is my list as of now, though this only includes direct kills because otherwise Jar Jar could be no.1 lol. It's also discounting game mechanics as otherwise the Wrath and Nox could be here.

1. Vader

2. Malgus

3. Nihilus/Sion (not too sure due to the Triumvirate format)

4. Grievous

5. Durge (This is kind of a guess tbh)

A case could be made for people like Malak but I'm not massively knowledgeable about their histories.

Edited by PadsterPwns

So this is my list as of now, though this only includes direct kills because otherwise Jar Jar could be no.1 lol. It's also discounting game mechanics as otherwise the Wrath and Nox could be here.

1. Vader

2. Malgus

4. Grievous

A case could be made for people like Malak but I'm not massively knowledgeable about their histories.

How many did Malgus, Nihilus and Sion kill?

1. Vader

2. Malgus

4. Grievous

Really Malgus killed so many jedi? I mean I know the attack on the jedi temple but where there that many that he killed?

1. Vader

2. Malgus

4. Grievous

Do we actually know how many Jedi Vader killed himself and how many were killed by the 501st?

1. Vader

2. Malgus

4. Grievous

I don't count Nihilus he just eat the planet a whole bunch of Jedi was on.Sion should take that spot alone.Here my list.

1.Vader

2.JarJar:p

3.Sion

4.Grevouis

5.Malgus

Real number 2 I would say HK-47.

How many did Malgus, Nihilus and Sion kill?

Grievous may actually be 2 on my list, I checked on his RT and he's been credited with at least over 100 kills, likely more than 200. Not too sure about the others, I just thought they killed more than 100 each but then forgot that GG's 100 kills were in one trip, so he definitely got more. I'd probably place him at 2 or 3 now with Malgus and him being interchangeable.

Do we actually know how many Jedi Vader killed himself and how many were killed by the 501st?

It's mainly due to an accolade that (IIRC) states him as the Greatest Jedi killer of all time. IIRC it may actually be from Sidious himself, though I'll double check.

Edited by PadsterPwns