Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Accuracy in PvP?

TitusOfTides

I was wondering what the consensus on accuracy in PvP was. I have been experimenting with 15% from augments and 1% Legacy for a total of 16.X% bonus accuracy. I'm not giving up much critical, my chance is at 35% and damage is at 75% (Fury/Concentration). I won't get too much into that part now, though.

I have seen a big improvement in my overall damage output in WZs, but I cannot say for sure if this is due to the accuracy because I also switched to Fury/Concentration at the time I switched gearing as well. I can't recall a missed attack in recent history, but that's not why I geared this way. I'm trying to get my offhand accuracy higher in order to receive the 30% damage bonus on dual wield abilities (one of which supercrits). Is this how dual wield abilities work?

The small amount of crit I'm giving up for accuracy is often regained by the critical relic, and since I don't have the typical critical rating my returns aren't as diminished. I guess what I'm getting at is has anyone parsed this type of gearing before?

only 5% to counter most class's defence, and again I believe some run no accuracy at all, if they have mostly tech/force attacks.

Players don't have ops boss 10% defense and resist values, they have 5% defense (so 105% acc is a sure hit on any non-tank) and at most 1-2% resist in some specs (most have 0%).

exact "best" for fury, better ask seasoned pvpers on their experience on how much they are running, since a lot of the spec damage is force based attacks.

only 5% to counter most class's defence, and again I believe some run no accuracy at all, if they have mostly tech/force attacks.

Players don't have ops boss 10% defense and resist values, they have 5% defense (so 105% acc is a sure hit on any non-tank) and at most 1-2% resist in some specs (most have 0%).

exact "best" for fury, better ask seasoned pvpers on their experience on how much they are running, since a lot of the spec damage is force based attacks.

Not completely true, inquisitor base class has 10% to off set their light armor, so are all the people that say beating on a word healer feels like attacking an ops boss aren't as far off :D

Not completely true, inquisitor base class has 10% to off set their light armor, so are all the people that say beating on a word healer feels like attacking an ops boss aren't as far off :D

as said "Most class"

So completely true :p

However up to each to choose if they go for the full 10% to attack ONE class.

due to other abilities hitting DR, its probably not a bad idea to run some, but I'd still give most of the stat budget to alacrity/crit personally.

Resist profile for the tech/force part of any rotation are near 0% anyway, and for our current topic, only furious strike/concentrated slice are a big melee hitter in Fury/Concentration rotation, Obliterate/Zealous Leap on a lesser extent.

So will you dedicate a few augment slot to hitting sorcs?

Altough, right now there are aplenty so might not be a bad idea with some class like MM sniper :D

I'm not using accuracy to beat their defense chance. I'm putting up accuracy to have more than a 60% chance or w/e to hit with my offhand, and that's what I'm really curious to see if anyone has any info on. It seems like for dual wielding classes, accuracy could have some hidden potential. Edited by TitusOfTides

I'm not using accuracy to beat their defense chance. I'm putting up accuracy to have more than a 60% chance or w/e to hit with my offhand, and that's what I'm really curious to see if anyone has any info on. It seems like for dual wielding classes, accuracy could have some hidden potential.

Then defnitely not worth it. You don't realize how little dps your offhand add as direct melee damage.

its nice when it connects, even nicer when it both connect and crit, but its far from going to make a big difference compared to the stat investment you are making. That investment in alacrity/crit will blow your very small dps gain from your offhand, easily.

Your offhand accuracy only is used in melee attack, the force power damage bonus is always fully applied, so any non-melee doesn't benefit, your mainhand doesn't benefit. While alacrity/crit? Everything benefits.

The argument in PvP is not "should I use more than 10% accuracy" but "Should I use 105% accuracy (Mainhand/Force) or 0? (so 101% with companion bonus)

In Carnage you will need some 5% to avoid your second attack that hit harder than other spec, and you benefit ( root on ravage, the 2% force/tech base immun inquisitor have ), seems 105% accuracy 40%crit and 70% crit damage is base way to go.

In Annihilation it's different, you need some power and some alacrity to spread faster and gain one dot tick in you burst. Second hand attack are not very useful ( it's not a very bad bonus but, you don't benefit of it a lot)

In Fury, you only go power/crit and don't have a care of other stat, even if i tested some alacrity being good to make: charge, immun Cc burst faster

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.