Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

Long time reader, first time poster.

So this guy on the fleet is looking for people to do Lost Island with him. Since I've only ever done it in HM for DvL flashpoint master achievement and thus am missing what is now called veteran mode, I'm interested and whisper them. First I ask if they've ever done it which they have but apparently they didn't get further than the second boss. Okay, probably tried it with people who didn't know the mechanics. I suggest we look for a few more people, as it's easier with people than with companions because it's easier to tell people not to stand in stupid - you'd think.

So there's me, a lvl 70 merc, my guildie, a level 70 merc, then the guy who was asking on the fleet, a lvl 70 sorc, and the other I forgot, but dps spec too.

So we find another who'd never done it, and I get a very experienced guildie to join - team complete. 4 DPS, but then it's only veteran, right?

First boss? Wasn't even there for some reason. No matter, that one's a joke anyway. We fight our way to the second boss which goes pretty smooth when the second puggie says something like "well this is easy". So I explain the tactics for the second boss, that he needs kiting across the room, knowing full well that with my damage output, I'll be the one he'll be on. I also tell them about the zappy spheres and where to deposit him. The fight starts, I'm busy with the boss and with staying alive, and don't pay attention to everyone else. Fight ends with me barely alive, everyone else is okay, too, boss is down in the dirt. Turns out one of them thought it would be a good idea to drop the markers on the boss so he'd get some of the action, too :D I explain why that was a bad idea and onwards we go.

When we reach savrip, I explain in detail how to do it. You just KNOW what is going to happen next, right?

Yes. First smash, and I'm alone :w_big_grin: So I hear one of them say "Oh so THAT's how it works!" and I think okay, maybe second time it will work better. To be absolutely sure, I assign pipes and kolto duty so there's no confusion. What can I say, second time ever for them and everyone does it right, noone flies off the platform and we fry that sucker.

Rest of the way is pretty smooth until we reach the good Doc. I'm thinking to myself that this could be tricky, with all the different phases and I'm thinking this might require more than one try, despite being only veteran. So I explain and even forget the part where he turns into a rak. But what can I say? Everyone stays out of stupid, does koltos and we burn the doc down before he even gets to the third tank. Rest of the fight is also super smooth and before I know it, we're done!

I believe one should give praise where it's due and so I did. Got back some praise too for the explaining but hey, you need people to listen, too. And just one wipe for the first time LI, ever? That's pretty awesome, imho.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HM Maelstrom Prison run on Progenitor today.

A guy is advertising in chat for a healer and tank to do a random HMFP with him and his friend (Jedi Sentinels, in the same guild). I'm on my level 70 Commando Healer - mostly 228 crafted gear with a bit of 230. I say, quite honestly, that I'm a bit rusty healing Hard Modes. I mean I usually play on my Sentinel these days, and the few times I'm on my healers for TFPs, most of the pugs just use the kolto stations so I don't get to practice.

But anyway, the Sentinels are really nice. They say I'll be fine. They queue us, we get a level 70 Shadow Tank, and she's incredible.

She's holding aggro better than pretty much every tank I've ever seen, pulling bigger groups of enemies than I'm used to, which was a slight 'heart in mouth moment' for me at first.

The Sentinels are doing insane damage. Nobody does anything stupid, and despite my fears, I'm able to keep them all alive. We carve through the mission (complete with bonus boss) like a lightsabre through butter. Only time anyone got below half health was against Kilran. I was astonished at how well we'd done.

We were all congratulating each other. The Sentinels were saying how I had nothing to worry about and should have more confidence in myself.

So, yeah. Awesome run, nice team, and one of the Sentinels even sent me a whisper afterwards saying that he'd just realised half his gear was empty so he'd been running on bolster... not sure if that was true or just intended to make me feel even better about myself, but they were really nice guys :)

A welcome change from some of the pugs I get :D

HM Maelstrom Prison run on Progenitor today.

A guy is advertising in chat for a healer and tank to do a random HMFP with him and his friend (Jedi Sentinels, in the same guild). I'm on my level 70 Commando Healer - mostly 228 crafted gear with a bit of 230. I say, quite honestly, that I'm a bit rusty healing Hard Modes. I mean I usually play on my Sentinel these days, and the few times I'm on my healers for TFPs, most of the pugs just use the kolto stations so I don't get to practice.

But anyway, the Sentinels are really nice. They say I'll be fine. They queue us, we get a level 70 Shadow Tank, and she's incredible.

She's holding aggro better than pretty much every tank I've ever seen, pulling bigger groups of enemies than I'm used to, which was a slight 'heart in mouth moment' for me at first.

The Sentinels are doing insane damage. Nobody does anything stupid, and despite my fears, I'm able to keep them all alive. We carve through the mission (complete with bonus boss) like a lightsabre through butter. Only time anyone got below half health was against Kilran. I was astonished at how well we'd done.

We were all congratulating each other. The Sentinels were saying how I had nothing to worry about and should have more confidence in myself.

So, yeah. Awesome run, nice team, and one of the Sentinels even sent me a whisper afterwards saying that he'd just realised half his gear was empty so he'd been running on bolster... not sure if that was true or just intended to make me feel even better about myself, but they were really nice guys :)

A welcome change from some of the pugs I get :D

Was this tank name Va..ne?

Tbh, I feel like there are lot better gf experience on Progenitor than for example TRE. Yesterday did 5 pugs a row, and all was pleasant ones. Do lot of flashpoints, and wery rarely get groups described in that other threath. Dont know, if it mean, that ignorants moved to TRE? Usually if get new player, they willing to listen and learn, no rude people`s etc. Last few weeks been enjoining to pug alone when nobody available in guild. Used to be I rather waited for friends than puged :)

:o I'm terrible with names so I'm afraid I don't remember her's :o

Ok :) Sounded just like 1 of our guildy, fem Twi`lek, Mask and blue/purple armour :) He is amazing, he gather pretty mutch all mobs and hold untill last one is dead. And use defencive`s really wizely. I love run with him.

I did a flashpoint with those two guys, too. From the poison-removed black bird group! Very nice guys! Sadly don't know that tank, though.

But about all the fools having moved to TRE? No. Try doing a random FP at noon or early afternoon (I have because I'm home sick) and see what luck you'll have. A lot of it, but rarely any of the good kind :p

We queued for HMs today, a group of three with me as (inexperienced) tank, a merc healer and a sith assassin DPS. We got the same DPS guy twice, and he was really good. Our first FP was False Emperor, and that stupid gun console bugged out on us. I half expected him to quit on us or blame us for doing something wrong, but he stuck with it and eventually, not only the console but also the gunship bugged out, and we were able to finish the rest of the FP without trouble.

Later queued HM again, got him again, did black talon, including the bonus boss, also easy as pie :)

While all of that was great, we also got a queue pop for HM Korriban and the pug healer (ours had to go earlier) vanished without a word after we wiped on the droid three times (and we got really close to defeating him, too). That made me sad :(

Edited by Kaldron_Fell

But about all the fools having moved to TRE? No. Try doing a random FP at noon or early afternoon (I have because I'm home sick) and see what luck you'll have. A lot of it, but rarely any of the good kind :p

Maybe you right, I run my flashpoints later in evening 18-22 GMT. Still, I play also on TRE( well played) and almost all gf experienses would go to that other threath, on Prog, I really have rarely bad ones. Sometimes there are someojne who refuse to listen or take advice, if I am with guildy, we stick it through if its TFP, if HM, then we leave. Took brake last year and returned in January and since then met really cool people in gf on Prog. So I still think some of those ignorants moved to bigger server. And just awesome ones stayed :) Probably it help also that I am usually paired with that tank and we queue to get 1 or 2 peeps.

Hey there!

Just passing by to share the nice run I had on Prog one or two hours ago :) So, tonight my boyfriend and I decided to join GF for tacticals because we both need to finish the weekly and also more points for conquest (we usually use GF in full guild group), he on his guardian tank and me on my sage healer.

We declined first pop because there was already a healer (call us perfectionists, but even in tacticals we like trinities xD), then two minutes later we got the first one of the Czerka duo (can't remember name, I just call those "Czerka 1" and "Czerka 2") with a commando and a shadow, both from the same guild.

At first my boyfriend complained because, for some reason, the only dps he likes are sentinels and gunslingers. Soon enough, though, he stopped when he saw they weren't bad after all; on the contrary, they were good, very good. They knew how to hit and bosses fell in like 2 secs each one. It was a very nice and very fast run.

Sadly can't remember neither their names nor their guild :/

I know its an easy fp but still... just wanted to share this little story, so I can say thanks to those two players (if they read the forums tho) and because nice stories always cheer everyone up!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this belongs here on in the Weird thread, but since it was a good experience, I am leaving it here.

During my quest for Weekly Tactical, i ended up in Manaan in progress. Naturally they were at Ortuno. The group included me (70 mara in Tier 1-2 gear), a low sniper somewhere around 20, a 70 healer, and someone else (maybe a low lever jug or mara) Anyway, I had to tank Ortuno. Having quckly realized, that standing in puddles is way too painful for me to handle, I try to kite Ortuno and dps him when not in water.

We wipe. Everyone leaves but me and a sniper and he puts us back in GF. I pull out my Pierce who has the biggest influence due to me doing occasional WZ and think of trying again. Before I am able to do anything, we get new group - 70 PT and a sorc around 50. I tell PT to tank, because at least he has heavy armor. But apparently he doesnt know about not staying in puddles so he dies. I try tanking again, we wipe.

I explain PT about not standing there. We try again. We get Ortuno to about half of his HP when PT dies. I once again tanking. We manage to kill Ortuno! There is nothing more to say really, last boss was not a problem. But dealing with Ortuno was extremely fun and challanging at the same time.

I want to thank the sniper for not giving up as well as the PT for listening to me.

Edited by Gelious

Firstly, Gelious your post is in the right place. This thread is intended to express gratitude for players like the ones you encountered: the sniper who refused to quit and the PT who understands that FPs can be a learning process/experience are perfect examples of "Great and Awesome people..."

Secondly, a couple of experiences of my own from this weekend, both were basically one guy left and the rest of us finished the FP.

Both were veteran/tactical FPs.

The first was cademimu, three 70s and 15. So we get to the first boss and we all know what we are doing so we kill it easy. The 70s go to the shortcut transport and the 15 goes to the "normal" transport. We inform him that he went the wrong way, he dies and leaves. I break out my rank 50 companion and we finish the run, no muss no fuss.

The other was battle of rishi. The player left as soon as they saw what the FP was. Gotta be honest, even HM BoR ain't bad, yes the last boss can bug but based on the experiences with this FP recently (no bugs), they fixed it. Anyway, the rest of us had a laugh at the quitters expense and we blew through BoR perfectly.

I really need to say "thanks" to some AWESOME players i've met in flashpoints :

the sorcerer BLACKSPIDER - you rock! and you look stunning in that Revan armor <3

the Rep players LUTETSA and DEKARA, wish there were more like you, girls!

Ok not really GF but still absolutely worth of mention, imho:

Rakghoul tunnels, epicenter. Nowhere in the galaxy will you find a more friendly and helpful hive of wonderful people.

People staying around after finishing their H4 Fungal Corruption JUST to help others finish, too? Check.

People helping even people from the other faction? Check.

People always thanking you for helping them in a super friendly, almost over the top way? Check.

I love this place and I love the people coming their. Apparently the worst kind of infection brings out the best in people <3

Had an interesting one last night.

Queued for HFPs on my Operative healer. Got the pop - Assassin tank and a pair of dps Mercs, all level 70. Mercs and I accepted almost straight away but the Assassin let the timer expire.

A few minutes later, groupfinder popped again and it was the exact same people. This time everyone accepted and we got Directive 7... but the Assassin vanished while I was still loading in.

One of the Mercs had a Rank 50 Blizz so we set him to tank mode and got on with it while queuing for a replacement.

Tore through pretty much everything with no issues until Mentor, where we wiped twice (once with Blizz tanking, once with him dpsing).

No recriminations or anything. We were coming up with a new plan when a replacement finally arrived - the same Assassin tank who had vanished at the start. Took her a few minutes to actually respond to us, but once she was with us we kicked Mentor's mechanical butt on the second attempt.

But yeah, those Mercs were really nice guys :)

Two good experiences today on Prog (both were vets) :)

Queued on my Sage healer, my boyfriend on his Sentinel. Red Reaper pops and it was one of the faster runs I ever had (15/20min maybe?), with a Scoundrel DPS and a Guardian Tank. The only bad part was when in the middle of the fight with Ikoral the tank got DC'd :( We killed Ikoral anyway and while my boyfriend quit the group, the Scoundrel and I were waiting for the tank to come back :) Good thing it wasnt too long and the kill counted (I was worried it glitched for him or something :S) Anyway, good group, kudos to these guys!

Second run after Red Reaper, we got Hammer Station (this time, with a Shadow tank and a Sage DPS). Also another very fast run, even the other Sage had the time to type something along the lines of "a good group in this FP!". Fast and smooth run, kudos to them too!

Nice runs make me happy ^^

Had a blast last week. Qued for HM FP on my sorc healer, got a pop for Czerka core meltdown. Zoned in just to catch sin apologizing and confessing he is not a tank, that's some good manners right there :D.

The following quick check revealed mix of lvl 56ish dps gear with pvp intro relics. Other dps are mara powerhouse who clearly knows what he's doing and a jugg, both of whom were wonderful with the use of their dcds.

Trash melted, and we went to 1st boss, the one that smashes generators. Sin tried to tank briefly but jugg took the reigns beautifully and saved the day. Honestly, that guy tanked whole FP like a pro. The only time we wiped was my fault because I got aggro on 2nd boss in time the adds showed up and I was too slow to hit god-bubble. Second try there I got a guard and we pulled through, albeit resorting to b-rez on mara. Nothing interesting on last boss.

Overall great experience, got a nice workout, and met fantastic dps jugg who tanked superbly, and the other dps who were incredibly helpful and considerate. Thank you for not quitting. (I am also glad i finished manaan chievos earlier and therefore didn't que for it, would've been more stressful for sure)

Edited by pivcelin

Last night on Harbinger:

After a couple of "group member has declined the invitation" false pops, i got a real pop for ... Master Mode Battle of Rishi. I thought well this won't take long, probably one or more people will insta-quit, but there we all were standing on the dock. I was on my Serenity Shadow; we had a 70 Guardian DPS, a 70 Sage healer, and a level 50 Vanguard tank.

Wups.

Anyway, we were apparently all there to play, so we dove right in.

Things went fine for the first while (the "easy" part of the flashpoint): the trash was fine, the first boss fight was fine, i stealthed the three bunkers just fine. The second boss fight was a little less fine, the tank was tunneling Lord Vodd, and since i was DOT spreading to and from Master Obai, he was glued on me for the whole first half of the fight. I died just as Vodd went down, got rezzed, and we finished ok.

Then on to the last boss. I've done this FP enough times (with guildies and PUGs) that i was not optimistic. But my personal policy is never to out-loud rain on the parade and ruin the mood.

And everyone seemed to have a fantastic attitude. After a handful of wipes, no-one complained or made any noise at all about quitting. The tank asked if either of us DPS could switch to tank, since at level 50 they didn't have all their good tanking abilities yet. It so happens i'm equally happy to tank or DPS on a shadow, so i said sure, and the both of us respecced...

...And proceeded to down the boss on the next attempt.

It was the first time clearing that FP for at least two of the group including the healer, who did a great job.

It's not every group that will even stay together for a Battle of Rishi pop, let alone keep a can-do attitude and go on to finally clear it.

Those are some of my favourite and most memorable runs, where we can all have a good attitude and have fun and overcome adversity!

• 2 weeks later...

This one deserves a mention ... just finished a vet Depths of Manaan fp run with me (tank lvl70 jugg), lvl 70 dps operative another lvl 70 ranged dps (not sure of class) and a lvl 17 powertech. cleared trash to ortunno wothput problem, then lost lvl 17 and lv 70 other ranged dps to first flow. Was then thinking this'll be a wipe and reset but no.

Much kudos to the operative, we 2 manned ortunno to death rarely going below 50% health through good use of kolto's. that guy was awesome. After ortunno is sleeping with the fishes (sorry had to be said), the other ranged dps quit and we proceeded to finish fp with comp without further issues.

thnx and kudos to both remaining compadres.

Yet another Manaan story. The group is 20 level PT, 70 level operative DPS, another mdps 50 level and me (mara 70 level in 246-248 gear)

I had my doubts because I literally just returned from a disastrous run of Manaan (see the Weird thread for details)

but it was actully awesone, No wipes, just PT died on trash once (and who could blame him - 20 level, no healer in group)

Ortuno fight nearly went wrong, because somebody ripped aggro from me (or maybe somebody taunted him, i dunno). I quckly wrote in chat to leave boss to me and they listened, because it never happened again. Before the fight I also said PT to be on colto duty and he agreed, so the healing was good.

All in all, the run was awesome, especially compared to the travesty of the one just before it.

Edited by Gelious

• 2 weeks later...

Shout out to a guy who tanked DF in a random group I got from the Group Finder today. I was really worried at first, he came in as a "tank" wearing DPS gear, charged forward without regard to anyone or anything at the beginning...when the other tank got flattened by Nefla, I could feel a headache coming on...but it turned out that despite the immediately dubious look of his gear choices, our crazy tank was also a crazy good tank, and as he steamrolled his way through the Fortress without stopping to wait (no, actually, he did stop to state "Gotta go fast" in the Ops chat and do a Ready Check, once, right before Corruptor Zero, since half the team was still looting Grob'thok), and we steamrolled right behind him.

Now, maybe DF has just been really nerfed (I don't think I've run it since 4.0, to be honest), but my memories are all of that Operation being a real bear, and I'm still kind of in awe of this guy.

Red Reaper Master Mode as a Scoundrel healer.

There's this tank named Godstastic or whatever, we wiped in the usual Red Reaper spot (bunch of hard hitting Siths before the elevator to the first boss) and he said "Weak *** healing" and then left. The group was dispersed and I put him on ignore. I queued again for Red Reaper MM and we got a VG Tank who intended to clear the first room instead of passing through them like usual. That's not the interesting part, it's the Commando DPS whose name was Elitist Jerk that somewhat worried me. Given only the previous FP I had a bad taste being in one group with actual elitist.

So, we wiped once at the usual spot but we've taken some of em down so we cleared the rest when we got back there. I was thinking, when wiped, that this guy named "Elitist Jerk" would immediately leave and say something rude just like the guy before but he didn't. He just talked about how he's bugged out (no chat bar, no skill bar, etc) and we continued to the rest of the FP with no significant issues.

To that Commando guy, Elitist Jerk, if you read this, I want to say once again: Thank you for not being true to your name, and tolerating this "weak *** healer from the beginning to the end of the FP. :D

Red Reaper Master Mode as a Scoundrel healer.

There's this tank named Godstastic or whatever, we wiped in the usual Red Reaper spot (bunch of hard hitting Siths before the elevator to the first boss) and he said "Weak *** healing" and then left. The group was dispersed and I put him on ignore. I queued again for Red Reaper MM and we got a VG Tank who intended to clear the first room instead of passing through them like usual. That's not the interesting part, it's the Commando DPS whose name was Elitist Jerk that somewhat worried me. Given only the previous FP I had a bad taste being in one group with actual elitist.

So, we wiped once at the usual spot but we've taken some of em down so we cleared the rest when we got back there. I was thinking, when wiped, that this guy named "Elitist Jerk" would immediately leave and say something rude just like the guy before but he didn't. He just talked about how he's bugged out (no chat bar, no skill bar, etc) and we continued to the rest of the FP with no significant issues.

To that Commando guy, Elitist Jerk, if you read this, I want to say once again: Thank you for not being true to your name, and tolerating this "weak *** healer from the beginning to the end of the FP. :D

What character level was your group? Usually 1 or 2 noobs would still be okay to run through red reaper as long as everybody knows the basics of theorie roles. Tank has to keep aggro, dps burn asap and keep healer allive...

Got one! Man these are rare!

Tython on my 70 healer. A healer commando, a gunslinger I think, and one other. Immediately the commando starts pulling trash and we all follow. Got a funny feeling this could go poorly, but the mando is very good at what he's doing.

We get to the first boss. Before he types gonna respec, and I'm like sure ok. We take down the first boss. Onwards to the temple. Clear trash and get to he 2nd guy. I must heal pretty well since no one died or complained, and kolto stations were used. Clear the temple and the last dude. Think me and someone else died. We rez, grab the loot and finish the FP. IT WAS AWESOME

Don't remember the situation that well ,but all the players were added to my friend list. Got a Red Reaper pop with another good group, still on my 70 healer. Good times all around. :D

A couple weeks ago, I queue up for a random GF Master Mode Flashpoint on my Merc Healer. I mostly do Master Modes with guildies for CXP and conquest. But it was late at night and I was bored. So, I decided to queue solo to earn some more CXP. A few minutes after I queue, Blood Hunt pops. I thought to myself, "I wonder how many will have quit the group by the time I zone in." I have an adequate PC (used to be state of the art when I built it,) and it has always run the game great. Zoning in times vary, depending on instance. Anyway, when I zone in, I see none of the other 3, but when I moused over their names in the group frame, it said they were already in the instance. I never queue for in-progress groups, so I knew I was in a fresh run. I open up my map and they are already at the first boss waiting for me. The only thing I could think of was all 3 of them have current state of the art computers with T1 connections, SSDs and 0 ms server lag. Anyway, as soon as I reached them, the tank pulls before I had a chance to put kolto shells on everyone and to build my stacks. On top of that, the tank decided not to guard me but one of the DPS. I'm thinking at this point, that it will not go well. But to my surprise, these guys were pros. Tank was a powertech, one DPS was a sniper and the other was a Merc. The tank was the least geared but was able to hold threat and the 2 DPS were gunning down the adds as soon as they popped. I had no worries. I was completely protected and safe without needing a guard. I could cast my heals freely and keep everyone alive without constantly having to heal myself and running for my life. After the boss went down, I was able to take a few minutes to look at these other 3 players. They were all from the same guild. The 2 DPS were in Tier 4 gear and the tank was in a mix of T1, T2 and T3, as was I. So, the "easy" boss was down. Next came the 6 challenges (we did the bonus,) which went off without a hitch. Now the husband and wife boss team. This one went just as smoothly as the first boss, The tank did die during the fight (bad RNG and not from anything any of us did wrong,) but I quickly used the battle rez to get him back up and we quickly finished them off. The Shae Vizla fight was the smoothest fight of them all. It was the easiest time I ever had in MM/HM going back to 3.0. No one died or even came remotely close of dying on the final boss. Healing was a breeze and I didn't even have to ask the merc DPS to emergency off-heal, just in case. Normally when I DPS or heal MM Blood Hunt, extra healing is usually required by a DPS with off-heals because of the extra damage going out. After we completed it, I said in chat that you guys are great and that it was the smoothest Blood Hunt run I've ever had, even smoother than Vet mode runs with Kolto stations. LOL. Of course those three replied "Thank You" and bragged in chat that they were the best PVE guild on Harbinger. I thought to myself, "Funny I never heard of your guild." For All I know, maybe they were an offshoot or reincarnation of Zorz. They sure played like it. Their guild name was <Farming Numbers>. I have been on Harbinger for awhile now and I had never seen anyone from their guild prior to that Blood Hunt. My guild is a pretty big and very good PVE raiding guild on Harbinger (Hallowed on pub side, Desecrated on imp side) and I never had as smooth of a Blood Hunt with my guild as I did with those 3. I wish all HM/MM Blood Hunt FPs could go that smoothly. Edited by nootsie