Increase wallet cap, but intelligently.

SpeedyVT

Honestly the cap should be raised to 1M as long as Biopware makes that a thing. I mean, HK and Treek's Contract both cost that much to Subs, Preferred can get 950k and that's with an Escrow (and when was the last time you saw a 600k Escrow on the market?) Screw Escrows, Legacy Perk to increase credit cap'd be pretty fair compared to what we have now. Edited by Kuronan

Honestly the cap should be raised to 1M as long as Biopware makes that a thing. I mean, HK and Treek's Contract both cost that much to Subs, Preferred can get 950k and that's with an Escrow (and when was the last time you saw a 600k Escrow on the market?) Screw Escrows, Legacy Perk to increase credit cap'd be pretty fair compared to what we have now.

The thing is to encourage deflation on credit value. The more credits are worth to cartel coins the stronger the economy. Gold farmers hurt in game economies by inducing artificial inflation. The only way to fix that is to saturate the use the of credits. Credits to buy a higher credit cap and so on.

Edited by SpeedyVT

The only way they can unlock those credits is by getting past 50 which requires an investment in the game already. Second forcing it through legacy requires a player to progress at least to the point of unlocking it. So credit farmers often use bots, the time it takes to get a legacy high enough and purchase it would make the opportunity poor, don't forget banned. At least for the farmer, devoted players will have access.

My first reaction was that using legacy was a good idea because of the investment required to get there.

But then I realized that just because the advertising bots on fleet are being banned, doesn't mean the actual farming bots are.

Farming bots stay quiet and collect credits in small amounts, funneling them to one single character, which is probably subscribed.

There is no reason why the farming bots can't have a high legacy. They really don't have any immediate danger of being banned because they aren't impacting other player's experience. The only way a farming bot might get a ban is if they are some how traced from their trades to the seller characters. But, other than that, I think they are pretty safe from harm.

Since they have a smaller chance of being banned than the more vocal bots, they can afford to open up their upgrades and increase their wallet size.

So, bottom line is, that's not the right way to go about it. I'm all for finding ways to increase the wallet size... but we need a better way to do it.

My first reaction was that using legacy was a good idea because of the investment required to get there.

But then I realized that just because the advertising bots on fleet are being banned, doesn't mean the actual farming bots are.

Farming bots stay quiet and collect credits in small amounts, funneling them to one single character, which is probably subscribed.

There is no reason why the farming bots can't have a high legacy. They really don't have any immediate danger of being banned because they aren't impacting other player's experience. The only way a farming bot might get a ban is if they are some how traced from their trades to the seller characters. But, other than that, I think they are pretty safe from harm.

Since they have a smaller chance of being banned than the more vocal bots, they can afford to open up their upgrades and increase their wallet size.

So, bottom line is, that's not the right way to go about it. I'm all for finding ways to increase the wallet size... but we need a better way to do it.

Why tax amounts any transfer above 1 mil to non-legacy characters (other players) 25%, than add a captcha for anytime currency is sent? That would impact gold farmers not players. If a player bought credits than the system would easily be able to detect repetitious sent credits. There for setting that account to review.

The tax would force players to send smaller increments. If a player sold or bought credits because it would exist in a quantity exceeding the 1mil it'd be sent repetitiously to equal the bought amount in smaller increments. Making it easier to flag the actions.

Or you could set a credit cap amount per sending of 1mil max and then set a 5 min timer between each credit carrying mail.

Edited by SpeedyVT

So you suggest inconveniencing people because -some- people are too cheap to sub? :p

Some people are too casual to sub, and should not be hindered by the subscribers. There needs to be a balanced mutual ground. It's just an or. Ideas of your own creation are welcome. We need positive credit deflation and wallet increase to strengthen the in game economy. Keep all of that in mind.

Edited by SpeedyVT