The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bronze, Silver, and Gold Armor/Weapon/Ship crates gone?

Marquees

I've noticed that they weren't available since recent patches and thought "Hey, they might bring them back" but now that it's Christmas time, nothing. I was hoping that they'd go on sell but they have been completely removed from the CM. Any idea as to why? I have a lot of CM points and nothing to spend them on. I already have everything I want from the Maga Packs that I'll never be able to sell off fast enough. :(

Yeah I'm a little confused...I'm only recently returning to the game and I was reading the blog post about 4.0 Cartel Market changes, and that they were going to sell just bronze, silver, gold packs of particular types, but when I go to the Packs tab in the CM, all I see is the strategy alliance pack.

The blog mentioned that they did this so it would be possible at all times to get stuff from embargoed packs. But...now it's just all gone? Why?

With how little work they've done over the last weeks before Christmas it is reasonable to assume that they did not update b/s/g packs with Strategy Alliance items. Instead of dealing with the storm of criticism from people who opened b/s/g packs and didn't get their Strategy Alliance items, they probaly thought it's better to remove them until they can rectify the issue.

I don't think that they want to, yet again, admit that they've made a mistake. Instead they just made an announcement about removing the packs.

Don't worry. They'll be back. Just don't expect them any time soon since this is a Christmas / New Year period of the year.

I expect b/s/g packs to come back, updated, mid January along with the final Alliance pack.