Durasteel: How strong is it?

Keydiam

So, this is a question which crossed my mind after reading some stuff about the different materials which are used for armor. It's more of a roleplaying question, but whatever.

First off we have the Plasteel which is an extremely weak metal, not even able to withstand a shot from a simple old fashioned machine gun. One has to wonder why it is even used for armor (maybe not real military armor and more special gear for expedtions?)

Secondly we have Mandalorian Iron (beskar). One of the most powerful metals able to withstand blaster bolts and lightsabers.

And now there's Durasteel, which seems to be a more common material (the Bounty Hunter character seems to use it as Mako makes a reference about it). How strong is this metal? I didn't find any information regarding how protective it is: Can it withstand a blaster bolt or will you still be knocked out by one shot? (If the latter one would be true (considering how ridiculously OP blasters are...) one has to wonder why soldiers even carry armor at all)

And now there's Durasteel, which seems to be a more common material (the Bounty Hunter character seems to use it as Mako makes a reference about it). How strong is this metal? I didn't find any information regarding how protective it is: Can it withstand a blaster bolt or will you still be knocked out by one shot? (If the latter one would be true (considering how ridiculously OP blasters are...) one has to wonder why soldiers even carry armor at all)

It's what most of Vader's armor consisted of, and he could shrug off at least a light, glancing blow from a lightsaber. It's also fairly heavy, which is why it helps to be a cyborg juggernaut, or otherwise very strong, to walk around in it if you want that level of protection.

Several feet of it and it'll supposedly take even a lightsaber hours to cut through.

Edited by ZanyaCross