Is crit/alacrity where we are going as healers now?

cfcstl

I am wondering what people are using for stats now? I have been reading conflicting posts (some speculation) but as of now, I was wondering what changes people have found that work.

Is the 1400 crit 1100 alacrity the way to go?

Are you dropping power and/or switching out main stats?

Yes to both your questions.

Alacrity is personal. If you like it faster at 1200+ then go for it and dump the rest into crit. If you think that's too much, stick around 1000 and again, dump the rest into crit. Mastery and power are whatever, only get as much of it as you can WITHOUT sacrificing the chance to pick Alacrity or Critical.

So the long lasting king of the crystals (hawkeye) is no longer your go-to stat. Crystals should be crit, augments should be alacrity and critical.

As said above crit/ alacrity is personal preference. Having tried both I've had more success with higher crit than alacrity.

To get a basic idea both these guides contain stat recommendations and other tips for PvP and PvE:

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/15/swtor-4-0-corruption-sorcerer-pvp-guide-by-kick-bot/

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/26/swtor-corruption-sorcerer-pve-healing-guide-by-kalizo/

Honestly between Force Surge/Resplendence and how Global Cooldown (and Innervate) work, Alacrity is important to reduce your downtime as much as possible. Force Surge/Resplendence also require Crit to proc (and three procs gets you an instant Revivification/Salvation) as well as guaranteed Dark Heal/Benevolence crit with 40% Crit and Force Bending/Conveyance.

In fact out of the three healing classes I would argue only Mercenary/Commando does not require Crit as a stat. If Operative/Scoundrel and Sorcerer/Sage were not as reliant on crit-mechanics in order to proc beneficial effects (in the case of the former, critting on their free heal will get you energy back) then it wouldn't be a mandatory grab but as it is, Crit is King in the current Heal Meta. Alacrity is technically useful on anyone, but the less time we need to cast, the more time we can actually be healing.