Empty Stronghold

DTalyn

Hi, I bought the stronghold on Dromund Kaas many levels ago, and have only visited once. I am planning on revisiting it, and wanted to know how I can purchase items such as furniture and decorations?

There's quite a few ways to get decorations for your stronghold. A few ways are : Vendors on Fleet in the Stronghold area that you can get some from for in game currency. The GTN, people list decorations all the time. Run Flashpoints and Operations as decorations drop from mobs and bosses. The Cartel Market sells some, also opening Cartel Packs can yield decorations. Even a few missions and achievements will grant trophy's and the odd decoration.

Usually faction merchants will have a few decorations that you need to grind faction to be able to buy and the random events also have decorations available for purchase from the event npc's. A good example is the Life Day merchant that is on Fleet now.

ToR-Decorating is a good site for SWTOR decorating.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Jerqa

Your stronghold should become your base of operations (replacing fleet). I usually use Nar Shaddaa as it is faction-neutral (both can use with no "smuggler's fee").

From your SH, you will be able to access:

mail, vendor, legacy storage (free)

GTN, cargo bay (character-specific storage, "bank") - buy

be able to insta-travel to: ship, fleet, planet it is on, return to where you were.

Have you set up the decorations given to you when you got the SH? That's where you start. Includes: mailbox, stronghold storage (this is a HUGE Quality-Of-Life boon as anything in it is accessible to your entire legacy), Felusia Stato vendor (sell off your junk, repairs, buy some cheap decos). And some basic decorations.

Buy a Cargo Bay decoration. If you have a security key, see that vendor (fleet) and get a "wall safe" or "floor safe" for 15K credits. If not, buy one on GTN (not cheap) or buy 3 universal prefab 2's and exchange them for the cargo bay deco (skills/stronghold section of fleet).

Get a GTN deco. Either from GTN, or buy 3 Universal Prefab 2's or 3's to buy a GTN terminal deco from same vendor in fleet section.

Those are the fundamental ones to buy. From there, you can decorate to your taste. But all the above are functional and are the key ones.

Some other popular ones are Item Modification, Appearance Modification. Again, buy on GTN, or check that same vendor on fleet, see what you need to exchange, and buy those off GTN (almost always cheaper).

Edited by DocDAM

@Jerqa: Thank you for telling me the many different ways of gathering decorations, and thanks for the link.:)

@DocDAM: I haven't setup any of the things that were given to me when I first purchased the stronghold. Also I did not know there was more than one SH. I have two other questions: How do I get to my stronghold? Right now I'm getting there by Imperial Fleet, then exiting the SH by ship. Also once I have selected the deco's how do I place them in world?

Thanks for the help.:)

U - pulls up the stronghold menu, for your personal, guild and keyring (friends that have given you a key to visit)

Once inside there is a HUGE new UI element which says 'edit' , or @hide Hooks' in edit mode, in edit mode you then click on a 'hook' - tile on the floor, wall or ceiling, and select the decoration to place

Some decorations can go almost anywhere others need a large hooks, the UI can show you what is available for the selected space

1. get the Nar Shad SH, so you can have toons from both sides visit without hassle.

2. If you don't have enuf decorations, have all toons visit the SH tout on capital planet/Fleet, to get mini-quest to "make your SH", you don't have to make one, just visit your old one. When you get to the SH you get a bunch of free decorations with each toon doing the "visit".

@GythralSWTOR: Thanks your post was extremely helpful.:) I will try it next time I'm at the SH. Btw do you know how to get to the SH without accessing the Dromund Kaas terminal on the Imperial Fleet?

@lukewarcriminal: I haven't done any FP's or OP's yet.:)

@Roalmo: I can have Republic guests if I have an Imperial themed SH on Nar Shaddaa? I can be like Palpatine then,;)

Did you pick up the stronghold quest from the stronghold holo? The first time you visit your stronghold you get a number of deco pieces that you can use to start your decorating. You can get paintings from PVPing - once you hit a certain level you get a painting ... deco drops from raids and those can be sold on the GTN. You can craft deco, also you can get deco from vendors after you reach a certain level in reputation. You can also buy pieces and sets with cartel coins. There are tons of ways to decorate your stronghold, try them all to get deco. It's fun!

Just saw your post, you can access your stronghold by clicking on the icon at the top of your screen. It looks like a couple towers. Then when you are there on the bottom right of your screen you can exit stronghold and you pick where you want to go, your ship, the fleet or where you were last.

Edited by lizziandme

Just saw your post, you can access your stronghold by clicking on the icon at the top of your screen. It looks like a couple towers. Then when you are there on the bottom right of your screen you can exit stronghold and you pick where you want to go, your ship, the fleet or where you were last.

Thank you. I will try that after I'm done with Alderaan.:)

@Roalmo: I can have Republic guests if I have an Imperial themed SH on Nar Shaddaa? I can be like Palpatine then,;)

If you have a republic toon, it can go to your Nar Shad SH without the Smuggler's fee of other SHs.

Like Nar Shad itself, your Nar Shad SH is a "neutral" zone.

Dunno about guests.. their ALL spies!!! ;)

Just my two cents ...

Nar Shaddaa was the first stronghold I completely unlocked. It is quite expensive, but it is the cheapest of all the faction neutral locations you can get.

Also, when you buy the stronghold, you get the "zone in" room plus the hallway. This starter room is quite large and it is large enough to hold all the quality of life things that make a stronghold the home away from home that it is without looking like you stacked things on top of each other.

I personally have modification stations, all the storage units, vendor, GTN terminal, mail terminal, etc. In the first room. Quick to get to and get everything done. My only problem with the strongholds is the lack of mission terminals for them. This is something you just have to get use to. BW doesn't seem to be in the mood to play to this request. That is partly because I think they want people to still have a reason to come to fleet and fleet is used as an indicator on how lively a server is at any given time.

You can have up to 4 strongholds. And if the strongholds are something you like messing around with, you will likely end up with more than one.

But if you do think you are going to get into a decorating frame of mind, I would recommend two things.

One, visit the public strongholds on your server. Some are decorated quite well ... others not so much. Since a fully locked and 100% filled stronghold is part of the equation for Conquests, you will find that people just throw crap in their strongholds to reach the 100%.

The second suggestion is to be active in the server events. Right now we have Life Day which only comes at Christmas time. Special decorations are available now that won't be back until next year. And you can get those decorations for very little effort. Same goes for the Gree event, Bounty Hunter week, Rakghoul week (it is busted this time around), etc.

@lukewarcriminal: How do I purchase the SH in Nar Shaadaa? And how many strongholds are there in game? Can I get one on Korriban which is my favorite planet?:D

@ForceWelder: Okay I will visit the public SH's. I was a member of a guild called "Dark Rage" and was invited to their SH, but they've disappeared and I forgot their SH's name. lol

I will check out the Nar Shaadaa SH once I know how to purchase it. But first I want to open up the Dromund Kaas SH 100%:D

Go to the stronghold section at Fleet and view the Nar Shaddaa stronghold terminal. There you can get the Nar Shaddaa stronghold.

If you buy the first step with cartel coins there will be no reactivation fee incase you decide later on to deactivate it.

There are five strongholds at the moment but you can only have four active at the time.

Edited by Icestar

Go to the stronghold section at Fleet and view the Nar Shaddaa stronghold terminal. There you can get the Nar Shaddaa stronghold.

If you buy the first step with cartel coins there will be no reactivation fee incase you decide later on to deactivate it.

There are five strongholds at the moment but you can only have four active at the time.

Thank you for the help!:)