Confused as to what I should be doing after finishing Main storyline for any class

Capwill

Hey Guys,

I just finished up the main storyline for my Sith Assassin and now I am confused as to what I should be doing. The game gave me a quest to go to Illum, but I am not sure if doing that will help me get through to the next chapter. I am unsure if I should just go into the new expansion quests to start through the new chapters, or do all of the quests on Illum and then go to Makeb and then do the Shadow of Raven Prelude quests. I could really use some help. :confused:

Hey Guys,

I just finished up the main storyline for my Sith Assassin and now I am confused as to what I should be doing. The game gave me a quest to go to Illum, but I am not sure if doing that will help me get through to the next chapter. I am unsure if I should just go into the new expansion quests to start through the new chapters, or do all of the quests on Illum and then go to Makeb and then do the Shadow of Raven Prelude quests. I could really use some help. :confused:

Well, if you want to stay in order its:

Illum (w/ Battle for Ilum and Fallen Empire)

Section X

Black Hole

CZ-198

Makeb (with Karagga's Palace and Scum and Villany)

Oricon (with Dread Fortress and Dread Palace)

Rishi

Yavin 4

Ziost (with Temple of Sacrifice)

Knights of the Fallen Empire

What you do doesn't actually matter that much- it's up to you. I (personally) take all of my alts through the above list (with ops and flashpoints), but, that's just me. You could jump straight to KotFE if you wanted to, though, your character would have relationships with NPCs you've never "met" before (even though, canonically you have) and there would be the occasional reference to a past event (Isotope 5 comes to mind, or the crap with Malgus) that you may not understand fully, but, it's possible.

As for gear, it would depend on your level. If you are >60, run all of the heroics until you've knocked out an entire blue 192 set. Save all of your basic comms and then when you hit 65 (assuming you don't want to run ops), buy a full set of store bought purple 208 gear. If you DO want to run ops, you can skip the 208 gear and use the bolstered SM to start getting 216 drops.

Edited by Calinaph

Illum (w/ Battle for Ilum and Fallen Empire)

False Emperor, not Fallen Empire

Yavin 4

Ziost (with Temple of Sacrifice)

ToS is for the non-solo way to end Yavin's story.

But yeah, that stuff, more or less.

Ilum was originally part of what passed for "end-game", back when the level cap was 50. Section X and Black Hole were also 50 end-game. Plus there was some stuff on Belsavis as well but I hear that a lot of that disappeared in 4.0.

The Makeb expansion brought the level cap up to 55. It also introduced the seeker droid and macrobinocular storylines that can be picked up at level 52 (and which both end with non-soloable heroic 4s) as well as the GSI dailies for level 55 end-game on Tatooine, Alderaan, Hoth, and Makeb. They later followed this up by adding CZ-198 and Oricon.

The Forged Alliances flashpoint story arc was added in the leadup to the Revan expansion. This arc is now known as the Shadow of Revan Prelude.

Then the Revan expansion brought the level cap up to 60. That story follows after the flashpoint arc, although you can skip the flashpoints by heading straight to Rishi and a few lines of dialogue will be different. Rishi and Yavin (mostly Yavin) both include some dailies for level 60 end-game. The expansion was followed up with the "Rise of the Emperor" story on Ziost (and that brought some new level 60 dailies). Completion of Shadow of Revan is required to do Ziost, and the events on Ziost help lead into the start of the new expansion.

Knights of the Fallen Empire brings the level cap up to 65 and it also introduced level sync, added more solo mode flashpoints, and standardized the levels of almost all flashpoints and operations so that old content could feel "relevant" again regardless of level. Starting KotFE will lock you out of incomplete class missions and companion conversations and I think also SoR as well (although I can personally confirm that it does not block access to the Ilum, Makeb or Oricon stories). You'll still have access to heroics and dailies and you should still be able to run any random sidequests and planet stories that you hadn't done yet, but it's supposed to skip you past incomplete class, companion, and SoR/Ziost content.

Level 65 end-game right now consists of alliance recruitment (sidequests to hire various companions from all of the class stories) and running the Star Fortress missions (single-player "flashpoints"). It also makes use of planetary heroics by having them all start giving locked supply crates instead of gear crates starting at 61.

As for gear, it would depend on your level. If you are >60, run all of the heroics until you've knocked out an entire blue 192 set. Save all of your basic comms and then when you hit 65 (assuming you don't want to run ops), buy a full set of store bought purple 208 gear. If you DO want to run ops, you can skip the 208 gear and use the bolstered SM to start getting 216 drops.

As I mentioned, the heroics do not have a gear drop for 61-65. They only have the alliance boxes at that level. But there are still free gear sets spread out all through Forged Alliances (168 I think, or maybe it was only 162), Shadow of Revan (168 AND 178), and Ziost (190).

But yeah, at 65 the vendors have 208 gear for common data crystals (green). There's higher than that for the blue and purple types of crystals but you'll mostly have the green ones if you're just doing solo story stuff.

False Emperor, not Fallen Empire

ToS is for the non-solo way to end Yavin's story.

But yeah, that stuff, more or less.

Ilum was originally part of what passed for "end-game", back when the level cap was 50. Section X and Black Hole were also 50 end-game. Plus there was some stuff on Belsavis as well but I hear that a lot of that disappeared in 4.0.

The Makeb expansion brought the level cap up to 55. It also introduced the seeker droid and macrobinocular storylines that can be picked up at level 52 (and which both end with non-soloable heroic 4s) as well as the GSI dailies for level 55 end-game on Tatooine, Alderaan, Hoth, and Makeb. They later followed this up by adding CZ-198 and Oricon.

The Forged Alliances flashpoint story arc was added in the leadup to the Revan expansion. This arc is now known as the Shadow of Revan Prelude.

Then the Revan expansion brought the level cap up to 60. That story follows after the flashpoint arc, although you can skip the flashpoints by heading straight to Rishi and a few lines of dialogue will be different. Rishi and Yavin (mostly Yavin) both include some dailies for level 60 end-game. The expansion was followed up with the "Rise of the Emperor" story on Ziost (and that brought some new level 60 dailies). Completion of Shadow of Revan is required to do Ziost, and the events on Ziost help lead into the start of the new expansion.

Knights of the Fallen Empire brings the level cap up to 65 and it also introduced level sync, added more solo mode flashpoints, and standardized the levels of almost all flashpoints and operations so that old content could feel "relevant" again regardless of level. Starting KotFE will lock you out of incomplete class missions and companion conversations and I think also SoR as well (although I can personally confirm that it does not block access to the Ilum, Makeb or Oricon stories). You'll still have access to heroics and dailies and you should still be able to run any random sidequests and planet stories that you hadn't done yet, but it's supposed to skip you past incomplete class, companion, and SoR/Ziost content.

Level 65 end-game right now consists of alliance recruitment (sidequests to hire various companions from all of the class stories) and running the Star Fortress missions (single-player "flashpoints"). It also makes use of planetary heroics by having them all start giving locked supply crates instead of gear crates starting at 61.

As I mentioned, the heroics do not have a gear drop for 61-65. They only have the alliance boxes at that level. But there are still free gear sets spread out all through Forged Alliances (168 I think, or maybe it was only 162), Shadow of Revan (168 AND 178), and Ziost (190).

But yeah, at 65 the vendors have 208 gear for common data crystals (green). There's higher than that for the blue and purple types of crystals but you'll mostly have the green ones if you're just doing solo story stuff.

Thank you for fixing that.

the heroics pre-60 drop RNG boxes that if you are 55-59 contain blue 192 gear- which is what I was referring to.

At 65, the vendor's have PURPLE 208 gear- not green. The last greens are the level 60 mod vendors (though, for some reason, I think I remember seeing a level 63 mod vendor w/ greens, too?).

Edited by Calinaph

Thank you for fixing that.

the heroics pre-60 drop RNG boxes that if you are 55-59 contain blue 192 gear- which is what I was referring to.

At 65, the vendor's have PURPLE 208 gear- not green. The last greens are the level 60 mod vendors (though, for some reason, I think I remember seeing a level 63 mod vendor w/ greens, too?).

I was referring to the currencies by color. "Common" = green and whichever was blue/purple between "radiant" and "glowing". There are vendors with gear (all containing purple modifications, yes) at price points for each of those currencies, starting at 208s for the green crystals, 216s for the blue crystals, and... 220s(?) for the purple crystals.

But yes, for vendors earlier than level 65 the modifications are green quality sold for 2 green crystals apiece at every 4th level from 12 to 60. (The item rating on those level 60 modifications is 190.) I'd imagine that if/when the level cap goes up to 70 they'll add a modifications vendor for level 64 at that time and that'll get up to something like 200 or 208 rating and the three tiers of end-game gear vendors will be changed to start at 220 or higher.

And if we really want to get specific about the color-coded quality of items, not just item ratings alone, the gear pieces given away from Forged Alliances and Rishi contain green 162/168 modifications, the gear pieces given away from Yavin contain blue 178 modifications, and the gear pieces given away from Ziost contain blue 190 modifications.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

Actually doing the weekly alliance heroic quests and the quest for every even level alliance NPC (theres 4) I am equipped with all Glowing Armor except I do have 2 Pieces of radiant Cuffs & Belt.

So you can get 216 armor and a couple 220's doing solo's.

Do heroics long enough and you can certainly grind out an entire 216 suit. Do them super long enough and you can grind out a 220 suit. However, a couple of things to consider if you care about them:

a.) "store bought" 216/220 gear has no set bonus

b.) "store bought 216/220 gear is not optimized- they are endurance heavy.

Edited by Calinaph