Give Tactical Flashpoints the option to start with 2 PCs + 2 comps

Shirvington

I normally only PvP and dailies, but I decided to run a tactical for s&g. It popped immediately, False Emperor. Upon zoning, though, I found one person afk at the instance entrance and another still on a planet. After several attempts to herd cats into the instance, we vote kicked one, and before the 5 min timer was up on kick, the other left.

So it was me, 65 operative, and a 18 sorc. Normally this would be a recipe for disaster, but I suggested we each get our companions out and set them to heal. I have a 50 Pierce, but his Khem was clearly low influence.

It didn't matter. We blew through the tactical, and it was so much fun! Bosses still did damage, the lowbie sorc almost died on HK-47 a couple times from standing in red, and of course the Protocal Droids near the end are still bugged and doing way too much damage (we had to stealth past them)...

But all in all, it was a really fun experience! We blew things up, yet still had to play mechanics and avoid danger: I manned the control panels on the mando boss, and intentionally took aggro on the trandosian and HK for simplicity as an experienced player.

Tacs would pop twice as fast if they only required two people, and you'd see a lot fewer complaints about tacs as a failed experiment if people were guaranteed a healer.

At the very least, give players the option to choose how many people they are comfortable starting with. (I'll do 2,3,4 people tacs. or I'll only do 2 tac, or I'll only do 4 tacs, whatever.)

I was pleasantly surprised how quickly and enjoyably the tactical went even though my teammate was a total newb. He learned a bit about the mechanics of the flashpoint and got some great exp and gear, and I, even as a pvper, had a great time doing some pve.

Give us the option to run tacs as 2 PCs + 2 comps?

Edited by Shirvington

You can do FPs all the live-long day with a friend and your characters' companions. The point of GF, though, is to at least try to get players to do them with other players. If you want the GF daily, queue through GF. If you want to be assured of 2-manning it with companions, walk in the "natural" way.

and of course the Protocal Droids near the end are still bugged and doing way too much damage (we had to stealth past them)...

If you're talking about the two droids who rotate through having a shield on them, you're meant to stand in the blue circle.