Save game

cylobotnia

Hello,

i need to format my hdd disk and

I would like to know if I need to make a copy of a any files from the game to not lose PROGRESS.

its not a problem to download all the game once more time a just wonna know that after logging into server there will be all my characters.

Sorry for my english

thank for advance for all anserws.

Keybinds, any UI changes and screenshots are stored locally, everything else is stored server-side

(users\<username>\AppData\local\SWTOR on Win10 (and probably anything from Vista up))

Also you could save the whole game client to a usb drive then copy is back/to a new PC, as nothing is store elsewhere, except the items listed above

Edited by GythralSWTOR

I would like to know if I need to make a copy of a any files from the game to not lose PROGRESS..

No, you don't "need" to copy any files - your progress is stored on BW's servers. After you re-install you will find all your characters, etc, are still there.

Depending upon how fast your download speed is, you could speed things up by just copying the entire SWTOR folder to a USB drive and copying it back to the hard drive after you format. There's also a folder under My Documents that holds screen shots, and some info under C:\users\<username>\AppData\ (Local settings, like your GUI layout) that are handy to keep but not necessary.

If you do ti this way, just run Launcher.exe from within the SWTOR folder, after the copy, to "install" the game.

Edited by JediQuaker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.